Sunday, September 19, 2010

Blue, Yellow, Blocks & Butterflies

For some reason I am suddenly fascinated with butterflies.
Shiny necklaces.

Golden pins.
paper ones.
(actually I have admired Diane's
(Diane Knott's Musings) for some time.
(click on her blog name for more beautiful butterflies.)


Now I'm hoping to make some of my own out of music paper
and French dictionary pages.

But, for now, here is one of my few finds
being I've been cooped up for awhile.
Here are my blues and yellows.

sets of old blocks.
First I've seen with the grooves on them.
Makes for easy stacking.
(sorry, no cute words spelled out.
Just doing good to get a post up at all.)

Blessings friends

barbara jean

14 comments:

Pie said...

Gorgeous butterflies.

Cheers!

My Blue Monday.

Vicki Boster said...

Beautiful little butterflies dearest Barb - Love the vintage pin! I sure hope your hurt back is coming along - I will keep you in my prayers dear friend~~

Vicki

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful butterflies, great finds. Happy Blue Monday!

Vanessa said...

Beautiful butterfly finds! Isn't it strange how new obsessions sneak up on your? Right now I'm on the prowl for chandelier earrings, which I didn't like before...

SmilingSally said...

I just had a butterfly pin of my mother's restored.

Happy Blue Monday, Barb! Check out my book giveaway.

Anonymous said...

I have always loved butterflies. This year we have had more of the real thing floating around our yard.
And you reminded me I bought some vintage blocks at a sale this weekend. I'll have to find time to "play" with them later.

Patti's Artful Design said...

What a beautiful posting! I like butterflies too...have several old rhinestone brooches in that shape. Thank you for stopping by my blog for a visit. I, sincerely, appreciate your kind comments. Come again soon!

She Uses Her Words said...

I like the butterflies but I Love the blocks. That's a nice find with the grooves in them. Hope your back is continuing to get better. Still praying for you!
xo, Karen

Sherrie said...

The butterflies are beautiful! Such cute blocks. I've never seen ones with the grooves either.

Lisa McDonald said...

Those paper butterflies are beautiful.

Happy Blue Monday!

Fifi Flowers said...

LOVELY butterflies!!!

joyh82 said...

Very pretty butterflies!! I love the blocks too. Have a great week!

Unknown said...

Love that butterfly brooch!

Thank you so much for linking to 2nd Time Around!

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Beautiful butterflies. Happy Blue Monday!