Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tea Stain Paper Tutorial and a Treasure





Tea Staining paper for collages

Wad up paper.
I like to experiment.
tissue paper, regular copy ppaer, rolls I find at garage sales for cheap.
Even paper towels gave a great effect.

Mix a cup of instant tea, really strong.
sprinkle some instant tea in bottom of sink.

with rubber gloves on,
dip paper into cup, then squeeze out gently.
If you want, rub it into some of the tea on bottom of sink.


Gently lay out to dry.

(got you' with that bright pink towel, didn't I?)


This is what it looks like when dry.
Don't worry about torn up ones, you can use those too.

Iron paper:
Lay a blank piece of paper over it to iron.
Iron on cotton setting.
No pic.


Here is what it looks like when done.
Now, run that paper through your printer
with whatever words you have chosen.
(I use Microsoft Word to do my saying.)


I am working on a piece using this verse.

Here is my newest collage.
I have used this technique for the saying on it.




Thanks for coming by.

Here are some great places to visit this week, and
see what everyone is doing.

blessings

barbara jean


17 comments:

Robin said...

Your collage is just gorgeous! Thanks for all the tutorials you do!

Take Care - Robin

Rebecca Nelson said...

You are incredible. YOU ARE!

xoRebecca

raggygirlvintage said...

What a stunning collage! Thanks for sharing your technique:-)
Tracey

April said...

Thanks for sharing! I always wanted to know hoe to do this.

Anonymous said...

Barbara Jean, that is just beautiful. I love it. Your items just keep getting more and more lovely.

For some reason my Boardwalk Bragfest isn't updating on the boards, but it is up and you can link to it at your convenience.

I think I'll try to figure out the problem tomorrow (and hope that it's all solved by then :)

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Thanks for coming to the PARTY...hope you had a FUN time:)

Blessings,
Linda

Get Nestled In said...

Beautiful collage! Thank you for the tutorial! :)

T.bird

Neabear said...

Very interesting tutorial! You make beautiful stuff. Hope all is well with you. I know I have not been posting as much these days, but I joined Leslie today for Whatcha Working on Wednesday.

Linnea

Decorchick! said...

Wow, this is so cool! I've never seen anything like this. Fabulous tutorial, thank you! Visiting from Life as Lori. :)

One Cheap B*tch said...

Wow! Who knew instant tea could look so pretty! I love everything you do and I definitely want to try this. Thanks for sharing!

Jeanine

Miri said...

Great idea! I've tea stained fabric but never thought to try it on paper!(I've coffee stained fabric too -it comes out a different brown than tea.)

Unknown said...

I may to use this tip soon! Thanks for sharing at Anything Related! ~Bridgette

threeundertwo said...

I wondered how this was done. Thanks for the tutorial! And thanks for linking up to Finished for Friday.

Kristi Flanagan said...

Hi Barbara! Thanks so much for this tutorial.... you do such a beautiful job with everything you do. Thanks for planting your creative seeds at Plant a Punkin Seed Party!

Come again this Friday!

Kristi
Punkin Seed Productions

Rose :: FineCraftGuild.com said...

This is SO good that I'd love you to add a link back to your tutorial from our blog through out brand new & weekly DIY / CRAFT tutorials LINKY PARTY.

http://www.finecraftguild.com/diy-linky-party-free-pillow-crochet-pattern/

Many more people would love to know your idea! ... and be inspired by your beautiful execution. You've done a great job!!

~Sues Treasures on the Porch~ said...

Beautiful post I love the collages and the verses are perfect! Sue

Coleen said...

Thanks for the tutorial. As an American in Ukraine, most of what I find is via internet. No instant tea here, but I may try this with instant coffee. Love the verses you use.
God bless,
Coleen