Saturday, August 7, 2010

Fun Finds and a Little Blue




Hmmm.
What is it?
Thought I found a really great treasure,
only to go on ebay and find out they are not worth a lot.
Well, they will look cute in the store anyway,
and I will get my money back out of them.
Can't make a big profit on everything. =)


Piano Player rolls.
Yes, two of them. Still in the boxes.
(shabby though they are).

But I'm really excited about this find!
Another scale.
I love scales. Fun to display on.
Black, rusty, perfect. (oh, still dirty, didn't clean it yet.) =0

With the decals still in tact.


And more jewelry. Two earring sets in center,
and that luscious green pin at the top.
All vintage earrings, clip on or screw on.
The gold and black flowers in the center are my faves.

And here is my newest blue bowl.
Lovin' that color.




11 comments:

Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

You made some great finds. I love the scales and blue bowl. Congrats on all those lovilies. ~~Sherry~~

rose marie said...

Hi Barbara, the history of the analogy between us, God and his creation have you been beautiful! I commented that these "treasures" you have in your shop represent endless possibilities. The scale, packaging and blue items and items that used to adorn any sephia collage, in short great treasures, RoseMarie

Tete said...

Love the blue bowl! Great finds!
Happy BM!
Tete

SmilingSally said...

That's a pretty blue colored bowl.

Happy Blue Monday, Barbara Jean.

Rebecca Nelson said...

Love your great finds my friend! I sooo understand your comment that not everything you turn you make great money on! I guess in the end things balance out, huh?

Hope you have a wonderful day...thanks for sharing with us all. I especially LOVE that blue bowl! Wow!

xoRebecca

Kim, USA said...

Love your find, the blue bowl is really nice like it!

Blue Monday

Pam Kessler said...

That's a great scale. Mine is not nearly as cute as that. And it doesn't have a decal on it. Great finds.

jlshall (Joysweb) said...

What a lot of wonderful new finds! Love all that jewelry - even though I don't really wear jewelry, I still love the stuff!

Happy Blue Monday! from Joy @ Joysweb

Sue said...

Everything you found is fun and/or pretty. Love the blue bowl and the jewelry will be great additions to your artwork that you create. I saw some piano rolls for $2 each last month but didn't know what I would do with them, so I passed. Love that scale, too.
~Sue

Betsy @ My Salvaged Treasures said...

What great treasures you found. The jewelry is exactly what I'm always looking for. Now I can't wait for the weekend to get out and do some hunting myself.

Rebecca said...

You did good! The scale is going hot right now. Happy blue Monday on my first blue Monday!