Monday, November 5, 2012

Vintage Voter's Box


 This is a big metal box I just bought.
I think it is an old voters box.
(so did lady who sold it to me)
 This big latch will put a padlock through it....
and the latch that covers the slot in the top for the ballots..

 And do just love getting a baggy of 'stuff'...
 then digging through to see what is in it?
old scout badges....
 rhinestone buttons.....
 and bits of this and that.

Fun!!

Not joining any parties today.
Just no time to go visit them all.

Blessings and thanks for coming by.

barb

8 comments:

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

What a neat box. And I love the buttons. I think I have a similar set of badges somewhere. :)

Have a great day Barb!
Pam

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Here we are telling everyone to get out and vote tomorrow, but you have the box LOL! I love when I get a bag of goodies, love the rhinestone buttons!

Carol

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

How fun! A great box and maybe even better things on the inside. I know you had a ball going through it all.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I think we both have a thing about old metal boxes, what a fabulous find. Love all your buttons and the 1955 scouting badge...that's my year:-)

Shopgirl said...

What a great find! It is a reminder to go Vote....I was in the first rush this morning...it didn't hurt on bit...I feel good.

Little Miss Maggie said...

Perfect timing to find that box, Barbara Jean. I don't think I have ever seen a real one before.

Vicki said...

What an appropriate find! Love a bag of goodies. I hope this finds you well, Barb. I have missed visiting!

Sherry at The Rusty Pearl said...

Barbara !!!!!!! I think i will sit here and stay awhile. I love this blog. I will learn so much from you .. Thanks so much for blogging with me. I love this BLOG !!! I said that already .. Inspiring !!! Thanks for mentioning me on here too. HAPPY DANCE .... I will be a regular !!!!! HUGS Sherry @ The Rusty Pearl