Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Vintage Sewing Machine


Fell in love with the cabinet on this machine.
No, not fancy, or wrought tron, or lots of cool drawers,
but I thought it would make the most adorable desk..
painted white, antiqued..
See the top leaving against right side of cabinet?
Just fold machine down, and set on top, instant desk!

  and I love the old machine too.
Look at the detail they used to put on them.



  love the detailing. Molded iron...scrolly. so beautiful.

 more detail.


 look at the end piece.
I just love it all.


 and rust!!! =)
You know how I love rust.
beautiful..

That's my treasure for today.

be blessed
Barb
joining Knick of Time Tuesday.


Be sure to check out the rest of Angie's blog too.
She has great ideas and an etsy shop.


7 comments:

Dina said...

Wow! This is an amazing piece! Great that it can be turned into a desk and the machine is wonderful.

Katalina Jewelry said...

Hey Barb - If you ever feel like stripping this sewing machine for parts, you know who to call!! LOL

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

So many lovely details...especially the rust :)

Debbie @DewdropGables said...

A simply gorgeous sewing machine! My old one comes in a 'desk' like that, not as old as yours though.
Debbie :)

Angela's Designs said...

When I was a kid I remember seeing someone that collected old sewing machines. She had several like this in her home.

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Those old beauties had so much character.

Clare said...

What a wonderful machine, its a piece of art in itself.