Saturday, January 17, 2009

Pin Cushion Excitment

I am so excited I am beside myself! I couldn't even think of what to name this blog.
Oh, it's just come to me.

You know that fancy pin cushion on the last blog?
Well someone saw it on here and came in to buy it!!
I was so excited.

It was my first one, and I have a basket full of collected things to make many more out of.
Each one will be different from the other, and different than you have probably seen before.
Can't wait to do more.

Alas, I will have to wait. I have several projects going now, and need to finish them.
I have a friend who is doing her best to teach me to pick up after myself and stay organized, but it's hard to change how you have always been. I just make big messes and then can't find things, and then have to clean it all up.
Or I get excited about something and drop everything else to do it. Then, of course, I don't really care about finishing the things I've already started.
Please, tell me I'm not the only one like that. =0))

My current projects are things for the black and cream area by the fireplace. Have a big sign part way done.

I am sneaking in some small Valentine items, as it will be here before you know it.
I also like to have some ideas to share with my students, and maybe even a class at church.
(maybe I shouldn't take on so much....). Well, why change my ways now.
Bad enough I have to learn to pick up after myself as I go. =0))
(hope my friend Pam isn't reading this. She's the one working on me). Just kidding.
I need all the help i can get.

OK, I'm off to put a SOLD on my first pin cushion.

Have a Glorious Sunday.

Barbara Jean

5 comments:

xspammie said...

hi there your friend Pam is definitely reading this and thinking boy I should practice what I preach..... worked in my craft room yesterday and now I can barely get in there. My system works only so well so once a month I have a clean up day no crafting, no thinking about crafting just cleaning and then I have a clean slate to work on till next month better go do that have lots of ideas peculating in my head.......

Barbara Jean said...

Pam,
OK. I can see you will have to explain more clearly to me how this all works.
You clean once a month, and that day no crafting? not even any thought
about crafting??
Boy, you run a tight ship.
Seems like a great plan, but remember, I'm just a beginner. =0))

Love you, and happy cleaning, or crafting, or whatever you are doing today.

Can't wait to see what some of your ideas are.

hugs, b

Anonymous said...

I love my pin cushion. It has let me know that
it does not want to go to California but stay
right here in Eugene.
Can't wait to see your next pin cushion.
So glad we finally got to meet and reaffirm how
super great Angie and Emily are.
Love, Betty

Barbara Jean said...

Betty,
I laughed out loud about the pin cushion staying in Eugene!

Maybe the next one will be it.

hugs,
BJ

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi Barb!! Thank YOU for always being so sweet to visit me and I just LOVE your vintage pincushion!! No wonder it sold so fast, what a great idea!!! I hope you have a wonderful week...xxoo, Dawn