Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Ornate Frame Tray & Vignettes



Ornate Frame Tray
(this is a post from some time ago,
but I just loved it so showing you again.)

I did this more ornate frame tray with a piece
of lace under the glass.
(I made the lace look old with tea stain.)

You can use it as a back drop for a simple vignette (above)....

or a fancier vignette....



Or as a simple but elegant tray.....

or as a tray with a fancy vignette on it.

I try to surprise people with a fun back on things too,
even if it is just a dictionary page or music.
Don't ya' just love this one??


This is the bottom of the tray.
Notice the feet we added?
They are drawer pulls.

Thanks to you all for coming by.
Sweet Blessings
barbara jean

PS This was just a medium size frame. (maybe 8x10 or 9x12)
A bit of trim on it at the corners.
You could use any size, even tiny, for tiny vignettes. =)
(I did not add handles to this one.)

I'm joining...
White Wednesday 
 

9 comments:

sweet violets said...

I love this idea!!! How clever you are, don't remember seeing this before.....and the feet, how adorable!!! hugs,cleo

Skoots1moM said...

great ideas!

Jennifer said...

This is a fantastic idea to "vintage the lace". I love the cute "feet" you've added to! Love the little pair of boots you have!

Donna said...

Your tray is so pretty, Barbara Jean! And I love the fun surprise you added to the bottom. Tres chic:)

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Beautiful vignette!! Love the gloves and the tray!

Hugs,
Debbie

Aledia said...

What a beautiful Vignette! I just love being able to use an item for more than one purpose or just with one setting.

I also have that same little clock, I seen it on the shelf at the Goodwill and decided that it just had to come home me!

Have a wonderful rest of the week!
Aledia

Rebecca Nelson said...

You vision is absolutely incredible! Simply lovely!

xoRebecca

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

How cute! And I love all the possibilities. It would be hard to choose just one.
And the little feet...that's a great idea! Thanks for sharing it again cuz I never saw it the first time.

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

So sweet and shabby. I love the underside too. Thanks for sharing!