Monday, February 20, 2012

Tool Time Tuesday


 I have a fondness for old tools.
Not sure why. Maybe it is the rust...
or just the way they all age so beautifully,
or maybe just knowing they have been
 used for years to make so many wonderful treasures.
 This is like my grandfather's carpenter's measure.
At least I think that is what it's called.
 This is an old tri-square.
I even have one of these I use myself.
 but these are in the store. No rulers, just the ornate level part.
 I just found a few of them.....
and... thinking outside the box of course....
 how about bookends???
 or, if I had a heart, I mean a wood heart,
I could sit it right there in the middle of them.
By the way, did you see the hearts in them??
Turn your heads sideways if you are having trouble.
of, how about a photo holder.
You know we can always use those.
I will need help here.
I think the guy said it was an 'area' measure, or 'acre' measure.
Not sure which.
It has a metal band, about 1/4": wide.
anyway, it is really cool, and old and rusty and all.
You know it had to come home with me. =)

Joining Angie at Knick of Time

blessings all
barbara jean

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun batch of goodies. I love those levels and your clever ideas on how to use them.!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Love the levels. My Dad had some like that! I have his tool box up the attic so now you know what I am going to be rummaging through!!

Hugs,
Debbie