Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Valentine Decorating: Cheap & Easy

 Here are just some quick and inexpensive ways
to add some "Love" to you home in February.
Take some everyday reds, (and other sweetness) you have, 
and fluff together in small areas.
The picture in background is an old sheet of music on a clipboard. easy!
(click to enlarge)
 This little cupid is hanging on an old sewing machine.
the little plastic hearts are from a big found at Goodwill awhile back. (cheap!!)
and the little red flower is just made of red tissue paper, and wrapped in a paper doily.
Then tied off with a bow.
See the little paper heart under the cupid? Cut out of music paper with my expressions.
Easy enough to do by hand too.
 put some votive candles in a jar....add red books....
and in another cubby lay out some of same red candles and
a little pic of a sweet girl.
I tore the cover off a book and added  lace, a flower made from dryer sheet, and pearls.
See those two wire hearts?
those were torn off the sides of a broken basket.
And I usually ahve this little bowl with baby shoes and watch faces out,
so I just added......you guessed it..... more red. =)
I'm joining these parties this week with my little bit of redness.
Blessings
barbara jean

4 comments:

Donna said...

Great ideas for Valentine's. Thanks for sharing.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Love your sweet Valentine vingettes. This reminds me that I need to do some decorating myself.

hugs
Sissie

Okio B Designs said...

Really sweet ideas, Barbara Jean! I love the clipboard with the vintage sheet music!

Jeanine

Aledia said...

Thank You for visiting my blog and leaving me a sweet comment!

All of your items are so very lovely, sometimes it is the simplest of items that make the grandest appearance!

I'm now a follower :)
Have a great night!

Aledia~