Monday, November 22, 2010

Shabby White Delights




Love the aged white of vintage clothes.

This is another picutre from the new store
in Redmond Oregon.
Back Porch & Company.


Lisa has a real knack for putting things together.
(see more of her store HERE)

Here is an order I finished today.
It is a pin cushion using a clear glass
candle holder as a base.

It is hollow inside so I put in a few buttons.
(sorry, hard to see against the lace. Click to enlarge)
Here is a close up of the vintage doily on the top.

Hope you like it Karen. =)
```````````````````````````````````

And here is another bit of sweetness I finished last night.
oops sideways. sorry.
This is a little lavender sachet,
with one of my gauze flowers on it.
(a take off of the lace flowers)
tutorial for flowers HERE.
Tutorial for easy sachet coming soon.


Blessings
Barbara JeanLink
Places I'm hooking up:

10 comments:

Sue at Dollytub Cottage said...

I love the gauze flower - how delicate! SueXX

Sonya Badgley said...

Hi Barb,
I LOVE the pin cushion and your sachet pillow you made. Karen will love the pin cushion!
Blessings to you and your family this Thanksgiving week!
Hugs,
Sonya

Vintage Market Place said...

how cool is that pin cushion candle holder. Awesome Idea!
Have a wonderful thanksgiving
happy ww
amy

Lululiz said...

I adore that pincushion on the glass candlestick. It looks beautiful, and must be such a joy to use. With your permission, I would love to make something similar as a Christmas pressie for a friend of mine who loves sewing.

Susan said...

I love vintage lace blouses!! Your sachet is so pretty! I will have to try to make one, as well as make one of the pin cushions.

Donna said...

Your pincushion is beautiful, Barbara Jean! What a creative idea! I love how you put the buttons inside of the vase. And I can't wait to check out how to make those gorgeous flowers on your pretty sachet! Happy WW!

saltbox
treasures
said...

Hi Barbara Jean, Just love your whites. You are so talented! Thanks for sharing your skills with us. I just love your creations. I will be reading more of your blog this year.
The little music bird ornament in my giveaway is available at Target :).
Have a great Thanksgiving!
~ Julie

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

What a sweet little sachet! I keep telling myself I must take time and try to make those flowers! Happy Thanksgiving!

Kathy said...

Oh so lovely !

Bluebell said...

Hello, this is my first visit to your blog, i have really enjoyed looking at the lovely stuff you make and guess what i'm going to be looking for in charity shops, yes, candle sticks, yours look lovely and I would love to have a go.
Jill