Sunday, April 1, 2012

BEWARE GOOGLE TALK


PLEASE BE AWARE: 

GOOGLE TALK 
IS SENDING OUT EMAILS SAYING
 YOUR FRIENDS HAVE INVITED
 YOU TO SIGN UP FOR GOOGLE TALK.
THEY HAVE NOT!! 
(CHECK WITH YOUR FRIEND FIRST)
SOMEHOW GOOGLE IS SENDING 
THESE OUT USING 
YOUR EMAIL FRIEND'S NAMES.

THIS IS FRAUD AND
IDENTITY THEFT.

MAKES ME WONDER WHAT
 OTHER THINGS THEY 
ARE DOING THAT ARE NOT LEGAL!!

THANK YOU.
DONE VENTING.
HAVE A SUPER WEEK. 

BLESSINGS
BARBARA JEAN

PS I have 'somehow' been signed up for Google chrome too,
which I did not ask for.
we think it is added to avast updates, 
and stated in the fine print. 

Please be cautious.

3 comments:

Little Miss Maggie said...

Hi Barb, this is very alarming. Thanks for sharing this information.

Lydia said...

Thank you for this alert, Barbara. I don't like it a bit. So far, I haven't had anything like that happen, but you never know how much snooping they do and violation of privacy.

Rose @ Confessions of a Curbshopaholic said...

You're right about the Chrome being on the avast update. I spotted it on my last update report and unchecked the box just in time! It says "make google chrome my default browser and install toolbar". I hate it when anything gets changed on my computer! Takes me forever to figure out how to use new things. ;)