Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Vintage Pin Cushion

To do a simple pincushion:
I cut a circle of fabric, about twice as big as the 'thing'
I am using as a base.
Gather around edge of circle with a running stitch,
about 1/4" from outside edge.
pull almost tight.
Stuff with fiberfill, then pull rest of the way closed and knot.
Kind of shape it into an even little ball.
(need pics of the steps?
Let me know and I will do a little tutorial for you.)


 
use fabric tack glue to glue pin cushion on to base.
My 'base' was part of an old lamp. Fun huh??
You can really use just about anything for a pin cushion base.
The more unique the better, in my book.=)


Add a little pair of scissors,
and you are ready to go!!
I'm joining these two parties.
Please go visit, and thank our hostesses.
blessings
barbara jean

10 comments:

Sarina said...

Lovely pincushion, Barbara Jean.
Grts,
Sarina

Dina said...

How cool is that! What an idea! The most shocking about it: the lamp base looks like it's made exactly for no other purpose.

Lorraine said...

Very cute!! Love that there's a place for the scissors also! Thanks for sharing! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest thing I have seen in a long time! very clever!

Createology said...

I adore your upcycle of the lamp base. Lovely pincushion and a place to hold scissors...fabulous.

Okio B Designs said...

Love this! And please, please tell me why mine always come out lumpy and not perfect circles???????

Jeanine

Anonymous said...

That is really awesome - great idea. Of course, you always have neat ideas! I haven't been by in a while. Thought I'd stop by and say "HEY!"

Jenn

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Ahh, how sweet and perfect--love it!

Teri said...

Oh Barbara Jean!! This is just so adorable!!! What a sweet way to make a pincushion!! And the fact that the scissors can be displayed as well!!! Fabulous!!
Hugs,
Teri

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Wow! That is one cool idea!

Dee