Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Rusty Dusty Thrifty Finds..and a Nest


 First of my rusty, dusty finds....
this old can. It is about 1' tall, but not sure what it is for.
anyone know?? An oil can maybe??
 Here are 3 'new' pocket watches.
That one on the right is just an empty case,
but love the rust and bit of patina.
 This one almost looks like the gears have melted together...
in a very cool way.
(click to enlarge)
 Look at this awesome patina on this one!!
and if you look close...
you can see one little hand on it.
even the backs are cool
 

 Here is my new nest.
It is in a camera or lens case.
Not sure which.


 It can stand, or hang up....
 or lay down. This is my fave right now.
Till it is gone, and I have a new fave. =)

I'm linking up to the parties below. 
Please go visit, and thank our hostesses, too.

Blessings
barbara jean



9 comments:

Teri said...

Cool stuff! Love those watches!! I need to watch your nest tutorial... tried to make one... yeah, didn't turn out very good! Love that one!!!
Hugs,
Teri

Dina said...

Oh anything rusty is so thrilling. I like the pocket watches a lot.

Nancy Lynn said...

Love the watch pieces. Are you selling them? Do you have an Etsy shop?

Tete said...

Those watches look like they were in a fire to be melted like that. Maybe the cabin burnt! Who knows. Would make a great story to go along with them....

Little Miss Maggie said...

I love your sweet little nest and the melted gears on the watch are great too.

Aledia said...

What a beauty that sweet little nest is! I also love the rusty watches and that can does look like it may have been for oil.

Have a fabulous rest of the week!

Aledia

Jennifer said...

I just love those watches! My Dad still uses his old pocket watch! The first container looks like an old kerosene jug.

She Uses Her Words said...

Hi Barb!
What a great bird's nest! Very nice. And I love the rust can! Are the pocket watches for sale?
Have a great day!
xo, Karen

art by wendy said...

I love the old watches! What a great find!:O)