Wednesday, July 25, 2012

New Treasures

 will you look at this find!!!
A Suzy Homemaker stove. too cute. less than 18" tall
and works. This was gone before I got a price tag on it.
 Got this new metal cabinet by Lyon Company.
1949
 locking door......
now a display piece at the store.
 This cool old scoop, used to scoop cement looks like.
 How about this leather satchel.
Love this!!! Pretty messy inside, but great to put on a shelf, or
how about a plant in it for the patio?


 and this special find.
Not too impressive looking I suppose.
But what if I told you it is part of a 75 year old....
curtain stretcher??
Yep. I've never heard of it either.
But fun treasures for art or creative wall hanging.
They measure from 46" to 57",
and there were 8 of them in the box.
Some even have a lip on the edge and could hold scrabble tiles....
I see some fun projects coming!!

Thanks for visiting.

blessings
barbara jean

7 comments:

sweet violets said...

I remember very well my mom's curtain stretcher......pricked many a finger on those sharp tacks!!! It was used for lace curtains that were starched and then stretched across those tacks, you adjusted the height and width for the panels and you could put about 4 panels on top of each other to dry and stretch......it had legs like an easel. NOT the good old days!!!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Gosh! That oven is fantastic. No wonder it was scooped up. I had one when I was about 10. I remember all the tiny boxes of mixes. So fun! That cabinet could definitely be spiffed up and used for storage. Lots of great finds as always. Have a great day. Tammy

RobinfromCA said...

That oven is the best! I can see why someone jumped on the opportunity immediately! I also remember all those little boxes of mixes. I wish they still made things like this these days because I've got a baby granddaughter on the way and boy would I buy this for her!

Kátia said...

Hi Barbara!
Your blog is lovely very interesting I'll add your blog in my.
Have a nice day!

Little Miss Maggie said...

Love it all. The Suzie Homemaker oven and the square yard sticks. Great finds.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh goodness! Now these are some great finds! That little stove was great and your new metal display piece!

Carol

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

You find the neatest items! Never heard of a curtain stretcher either and learned somethings from Sweet Violets about them as well. :)
I never had one of those nifty little ovens. I remember my younger cousin having one and I was envious.