Monday, September 17, 2012

My Cash Register

 My Not So Thrifty Cash Register......
yep...probably paid too much.....
now trying to get  it to work.
 Dollars and cents will not work.....
 buttons push but do not do anything.....

 numbers roll but do not change when you push buttons......
Here are the papers that were on the bottom of the drawer...
 
 
 been taking it all apart to try to fix it.....
no luck yet......=(
Any cash register fixers out there???
 on the 'brighter' side, or not.......here are some 4" brass numbers...
in my "potion" of vinegar and salt to patina them up all pretty.
Will show you when done.

 On the fun side of thrifty....
This 1951 Salem Oregon phone directory.


love that old aged paper....
Blessings all.

Barbara jean

4 comments:

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

LOVE your cash register...good luck getting it to work! Either way...it looks cool :) Laurel

Stephanie said...

What a fabulous cash register! I think it's an amazing find. I hope you are able to get it in working order.

Hugs,
Stephanie

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Too bad you can't use that second hand register guarantee. :-) I love old cash registers and thought I'd like one when I had my shop, but modern technology and cheap won out. The computer worked much better.

Looking forward to seeing the end result of the numbers.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Fabulous...working or not!