Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Art, Messes, a Sweet Doll, and Funny Outdoors



HELLOOOOO
Oh, so glad you came by.
No need to call for an appointment next time. =)
Just drop by anytime.


A little sweet doll.
My very first old doll.

Seen better days, but I love her.

A fun idea.

Some things I've worked on in the past.
(a bit of braggin' for Jan. ) =)
I love this.
(sorry, do not know where I got the graphics.
If they are from your site please let me know.)

What I am working on now...
A big mess!!
Changing my huge work room at the store into
a small work room and more display area.
Can't wait to show you when it is done.


Right now everlasting is chaos as we move things around and build walls.
Cannot even find my craft things. =(


Odd thing to see on your walk in the country....

Yes, two chairs, facing each other,
right there by the side of this country road.

What story comes to your mind when you see them??

Thanks for coming me today.
Hope you have a wonderful week, and will
go check out all these other lovely blogs who are hosting.




image146



Whatcha Working On Wednesdays


Photobucket






13 comments:

eileeninmd said...

It does seem weird to see those two chairs facing each other. They do not look like outside furniture.

Barbara said...

Barbara Jean, Love the old doll. I am trying to set up a craft room or space and it is terrible. One thing to do calls for three or four more...it seems to never end.


Have a great day.
Barbara

Old Time Cindy said...

Hmmm...rearranging sure can cause a mess, but it is worth it. Just went through it myself with changing things around and installing shelving for a new biz adventure.
Now those chairs...I'm sure there's a story there. They sure look out of place!
Blessings,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Barbara Jean, I love the picture you highlighted on the boardwalk bragfest! It's beautiful. I also love that you took a picture of the two chairs facing each other. I think that is one of the best pictures I've ever seen. SO MANY things come to mind. You must frame it, put a saying underneath it, and submit it to Hallmark. Thank you for linking your marvelous "bragables" to the Boardwalk Bragfest!

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Barbara Jean! LOVE your sweet dolly! She has beautiful eyes and a very sweet smile! As for a story, when I see two chairs on the side of the road?.. "Are they in better shape than mine?.. and will they fit in the car?!" Ha! Ha!.. The weather is going to be gorgeous here today! Hope you'll be enjoying your day too! ~tina

ClassyChassy said...

Loved the pictures, and the best thing about THE MESS is - it's at YOUR PLACE, not MINE!!! Have a great day Barb!

the old white house said...

I love the Lords Prayer assemblage, so sweet. I have to add that if I saw those chairs I'd have to repeat Tina... can I take them home?!! I also thought, what a great place to relax with my hubby! Theresa

★Carol★ said...

I just love that little red telephone! And that certainly is odd, seeing those chairs on the side of the road. I love crazy stuff like that! Ummm, maybe the wildlife likes to relax in recliners too?!
Happy REDnesday,
Carol

Dragonlady said...

I love your dolly, she is beautiful..as for the pic of the 2 chairs facing each other.....I am going to agree with Jan@ bobbypins, you should frame it and fix it up in your style....
hugs
Brenda

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I thought...conversation time!

Boo-Bah AKA Iris said...

I love the old doll. It reminds me of a doll my sister had when we were children. She named her Bunny. It's funny how a picture can trigger a memory of something you hadn't thought of since childhood.
The chairs? I wonder what the story is. Did they once sit in a cozy living room by the fire. Did the owners sit and have many interesting conversations with each other? Not too far from where I live on the way to Wal.Mart there is an old couch on the side of the road.

Iris

Americana Lady said...

Hmmm, maybe somebody put the chairs touching to use them as a bed...Joan @Americana By Candlelight

Ms. Bake-it said...

I had one of those phones! It is a rural bus stop! It is always bizarre to see furniture like that on the side of the road or set back in other areas. I recently saw a couch and table sitting in a small open area under some trees in an otherwise empty area. Anything sitting by the road though implies to me that it was dumped there in the hopes someone else would cart it away.

~ Tracy