Tuesday, June 12, 2012

White: Plain and Simple

 For your viewing pleasure on White Wednesday.
some rustic cuteness.....
 This picture...and the 2 after it,
are random bits of my friend Karen's fabric books she makes.
(I'm probably not calling them the right thing.)
I'll show you more later on...
 How simple, but sweet, is this little pin on a piece of lace.
and lace on a ledger page....

Barbershop Luxury, inside of razor box...
and this is a piece of a typewriter we took apart.
Here it is..not white..but rusted.
LOVE IT. Will make a cute and unique photo holder.
(note on rusting: put part in vinegar with salt.
leave over night, lay out to dry. 
Wah lah! Rust or Patina,
 depending on type of metal.)
More typewriter parts, and rusty stuff soon.

Joining White Wednesday....my fave party!!

 blessings
all
barbara jean

5 comments:

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Love all the pretty bits and pieces. Thanks for the rusting tip...luv my rust!

The Feathered Nest said...

I love it ALL sweet Barb!!! The fabric book pages and the lovely rusty patina thing...and you're right, what a great item to hold and old photo! I hope you are doing so good sweet friend, hugs and love, Dawn

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Barbara Jean I have totally been trying to figure out how to rust stuff ~ What are the measurements of the vinegar and salt ?
I love it!

Little Miss Maggie said...

Vinegar and salt? I have to try that. It looks like magic.

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

the fabric books sound very intriguing! Would love to see more.