Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Saturday Finds!

Saturday Finds

Can you believe all these treasures? All from one estate sale on Saturday.
These are all vintage pieces: 4 hankies, 4 embroidered pieces, a tablecloth ready to be embroidered, two yards of linen, and lace and crocheted trims. I also picked up the old scissors, and that great rusty trowel!
(I love rust!) =0)
You will not believe the prices either. All this for $4.50!!!!! It wasn't even half price Sunday!

The glassware was part of some given to me by a friend, to put in the store. (I love cream pitchers, and may have to keep that for me.)

Blessings on your day.

Barbara Jean

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a haul! Pat yourself on the back for helping the economy along too! LOL!
Diane :-)

Stacy said...

what pretty things! how do you find out about estate sales? I see so many people going to them, yet i have never heard of one out here!

Charmingdesigns said...

Hi Barb...I think I know you. I use to be a part of Coast to the Cascades. Sorry I confused you about the bunnies. Your blog is wonderful!! Isn't it fun. Laurie

Susie Mitchell said...

Hi Barbara Jean...looks like you found some beautiful treasures. I went to see...if maybe you'd raided my treasure shelf in the linen closet! I have lots of embroidered things my Mother made...a few from my Grandmother. I love the look and the feel of those old embroidered pieces. Do you have a way to control the rust so it isn't removed; but, doesn't go ahead and eat up the metal? Hope you have a great Thursday.
Blessings & Hugs, Susie

SweetAnnee said...

Wonderful treasures...
deena

Anonymous said...

Ah! YOU are my most favorite treasure hunter and my most precious and fondest treasure.Thanks for being the best sister in the world.Your little brother