Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Dreamy White, Garden Idea, and STOP.





Workin' on this lamp shade.
Someone wants the lamp,
but there was no shade.

So I'm havin' fun playin'.
Grabbed a table runner,
lace flower I'd made,
some jewelry.
all just pinned on for now, but lovin' it!!!

Tried some different pins.
close up of flower and pin.
I also got a new old door,
and see that screen frame hangin' on it?
Cool, huh?
(click on pic twice to see larger)
~~~~~~~~~~
My white bargain this week.
$1.00 store tea pots for 90 cents.
(store closing, 10% off)
Hey, a dime is a dime.
Got six for my little teas.

Fun outdoor idea.

Saw this contraption while walking.
The lady said her 9 year old son made it.
Used a hand truck, scooter, board, seat.

Gave me an idea.
How about a hand truck.....
with a wooden box of flowers on it.
(you could use an old crate)
You could move it around to wherever you want.

(not done yet but you can imagine) =)

And here is my red.

STOP!! Doing so many things!!
a word to myself this morning.


I'm linking up with the parties below.
Please go visit and thank the wonderful hostesses.

Hope you all have a blessed Wednesday.

Barbara Jean




image146



Whatcha Working On Wednesdays




18 comments:

Lululiz said...

The lampshade is gorgeous, I'd love to have that in my bedroom.

craftyles said...

Love the lampshade. Really pretty!

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

Love your shade. Lace always looks so romantic:)
~Debra
Blog: Capers of the vintage vixens

Susanne said...

Very cool shade, I do lace wrapped shades and have been meaning to wrap one in an old lace table cloth, and I love your idea too. Also gives me an idea how to use the twisted fabric flower rosettes, leftover from another project.
That go cart is too funny!
Susanne.

Sylvia said...

Ohhhmyyyy...the lampshade is absolutely gorgeous!! Great job.

Sylvia

Brenda Pruitt said...

The lamp is so beautiful all lit up!
Brenda

Regina said...

Gorgeous creations Barb dear.
Lovely post!
Happy Outdoor Wed.
Regards.
" Regina "

Cindy Adkins said...

Wow, Barb--that lampshade is ingenious and positively dreamy!!! Have a beautiful day!
Hugs,
Cindy

Raspberries and Rose Petals said...

Love the lampshade! It's a keeper! Looks really cool with the light on...

Happy WW!
Lori

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

What a sweet lampshade. Nice job!

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful, Barbara Jean -- absolutely gorgeous!

★Carol★ said...

I just love that lampshade, and it casts such a soft glow when the lamp is on! Very creative!
Happy WW!
Carol

Rebecca said...

Lovely corner-I'd like to sit for a while.

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Such a pretty lamp, I think your lampshade looks very pretty with it! Everything is so lovely. (My husband would love the clock on the wall!)

Happy Rednesday,
Sally

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi Barb!!! Your creative mind never stops sweet friend!!! I love that about you ~ the lampshade is so gorgeous to me and when lit is amazing! Wishing you a wonderful weekend, hugs and love, Dawn

SueLovesCherries said...

Oh, that lampshade looks fabulous with the lamp base! Like the hand truck idea - I could use that in my yard! And . . . thanks for remembering the red, lol!

Candylei said...

The lampshade looks terrific and the old door you just got...I love it.

Faded Charm said...

This lampshade turned out gorgeous and looks wonderful on this little lamp.

Take care,

Kathleen