Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Treasures


My brother brought this from China.
I think it is a 2nd world war nurses box.
Anyone know anything about them??

And he brought this cast iron jet.
It is very crudely made, and I think old,
but not sure how old. Maybe 40 years.


This is the back of a chair I took apart.
Thought it would make a cute shelf for the garden,
but have not put it together yet.
Have a garage full of those projects. =/

And here is just a little pile of loot for the other day.
an old box, (love boxes)
two rusty garden tools, a pair of old scissors,
4 old books, and, you may have to click to see it,
a leather marble bag, about 45 years old.

Thursday blessings friends

barbara jean

I'm joining Thrifty Thursday today.
Many thanks to Leigh for hosting.

Thrifty Thursday

10 comments:

Lululiz said...

I love boxes as well, and this one does look rather interesting.

nannykim said...

Interesting old chest and toy!! Love things like that...hope you find the history behind the chest.

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

I love all of your finds Barbara Jean ~ What is it about treasures that make our hearts beat just a little faster :)

xoxo
Lori

Sherrie said...

Great treasures. I think you are right about the plane my brother had one like that in the late sixties :0)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love your treasures! The old boxes are wonderful and that marble bag is too neat!

Unknown said...

Cool chest, wonderful to have treasures from so long ago. Have a great day.

Anne Fannie said...

Good finds! I like that back of a chair. That would look great in the garden!~Ann

Pat @ My Tattered Elegance said...

Love your treasures, that box is great and the chair back would make a great shelf for anywhere. Don't we get excited about finding wonderful treasures.
Have a happy day!
Hugs, Pat

Unknown said...

Love the chair back! Again, I wish I lived closer! Clocks and wooden boxes are a weakness of mine too. What is it that draws us?

Krystal Kats said...

I really enjoyed your past post with the bags of treasures so nice those are. What a find! Enjoy!