Sunday, July 4, 2010

Gems, Sand, and, yo yo?





Remember the boxes of jewelry I got last month?
Two boxes, full of goodies for $5 each.
Well I've been sorting.
I got about 12 baggies of 'stuff'. =)

Here is just one baggy of goodies laid out.
So fun.
I got baggies full of earrings, chains, necklaces, pins...
Some great, some broken pieces, some just junk.
So fun going through them.


Here is a fun little idea.
I have a little jar like this at the shop.
It has cuff links and tie tacks in it.
People love digging through it,
and for 50 cents each, taking home a treasure.
One gal got 4 new tie tacks for her husband.

So, I thought, my grand kids would love
having a jar like that. Now when I garage sale,
I pick up little pieces of jewelry and throw it in the jar.
It's a treat whenever they come over.
hmmm. idea! There were bunches of nice earrings
with no mate in those boxes too.
Think I'll start an earring jar. =)



Then I saw this idea!!
I'm not making watches, but thought
what great things to choose from for charm bracelets!
Will I get any done?? Don't know, but sure fun to gather for it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

display idea:

Sold this cute kids wheelbarrow.....


so improvised and put this little coastal bowl together.
(you could do the same thing with an old box,
enamel pan, or whatever you have.
Just dump in sand, shells, a bottle, even some pearls!)


My Blue Monday " Nature"? find while out walking. =)

Joining some of these parties today.
Please go visit our wonderful hostesses.

Blessings

Barbara jean

PS
I am going to do a Celebration Game on my store blog this week.
Stay tuned!!

10 comments:

SmilingSally said...

LOL Some folks discover flowers, Barbara Jean, but you find blue yo-yos growing!

Happy Blue Monday!

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

I love your portable beach! Patricia :o)

eileeninmd said...

Lovely ideas and photos! happy Blue Monday!

Paula@SweetPea said...

I love your wheelbarrow and bowl displays. Old jewelry is really interesting and so much fun to wear. I wish that I had saved more of my grandmother's.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love the jars of old jewelry...cool idea! The wheelbarrow was so cute not surprised it sold!

Susan said...

Your display ideas are wonderful and you really ended up getting yourself some lovely treasures.

Happy Monday to you,
Susan
http://simplepleasuressimpletreasures.blogspot.com/

Dena E's Blog said...

Well, if you ask me and I know you didn't ;0) I think its all very lovely and the jar with the jewels is sooo cool Sweetie..
Happy BLUE to you!!!
Blessings and Hugs Dena

D. Jean Quarles said...

Love your display. Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

I think people like digging through trinkets and treasures too, not knowing what they'll find next :-)
NO doubt you're grandkids would love that.

oh the many things you can create with them :-)

Belated Happy Blue MOnday!

Mizpah,
Li

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Barb,
I was on a site that said Blue Monday was fun, so I found her blog...Lo and behold, you were there!!! I clicked your link and now I saw this...how cute!
Hugs,
Cindy
P.S. I'm known for all my "blue stuff," so I'll have to link up on Monday!