Tuesday, July 20, 2010

White Wednesday & New Display




I just showed this for the Rosette Party
at The French Cupboard,


but I just lvoe it,
so hope you do not mind me sharing it for
White Wednesday too.
(thanks for hosting White Wednesday Kathleen)

Here it is on the Victorian Purse I made some time ago.
And the purse is hanging on Ruby, my mannequin!
My very first mannequin!
I'm trying to decide what I want to do with her.
(or even if I want to name her Ruby.
It just seemed to be the name though)



I got some old music books form my Mom.
Isn't this one great?
(you can copy and use if you'd like).


And look at the date inside the cover.
1898!!!


And, here is an old shabby high chair I got.
Can anything be tooooo shabby??

I'm wondering if this one needs a paint job.


What do you think??

And here is my new helper,
announcing a Tea & Treats Special.

And here is what I am working on.
A "new" but temporary display.


On Saturday I'm setting up a table at a fund raiser tea.
So I thought I'd better set it up at the store first,
so I would be more prepared come Saturday.
This is one display and I'll also set up a sweet pink tea table.

so fun..
Thanks for coming by.
Happy Wednesday and blessings everyone.

Barbara Jean

I'm linking up to these great parties today.
Pleas go visit and thank the hostesses.

Photobucket
Whatcha workin on Wednesday


Get your craft on Thurs.

I've been featured!!!

I was featured on Life as Lori


12 comments:

Dorthe said...

Barbara Jean,
I love your white rosette bag,and the chair, is wonderfull.
So is your table for the tea fund raising, oh would I love digging in all the wonders you have there ,
wishing you a grea day,there-and today ,too.
Hugs, Dorthe

ksarra said...

Hi! Thanks for your sweet comments. What great treasures you've shown us today. LOVE that white chair. Can't wait to get caught up on all the posts I've missed. "Talk" soon...

Mary said...

Hi Barbara Jean, Everything looks beautiful! Your displays are wonderful.
Mary

oldgreymare said...

You've been busy! Love the high chair- but as is- no new paint. It's lovely just like that. : -0

Suzan

Marijke van Ooijen said...

Dear Barbara Jean,

I want to say that you have a beautiful blog!
I love the old vintage things..and your little story's!

I am a doll and bearartist from Holland, and I hope you want to visit my world of rmantic and nostalgic...

Sweet greetings..

Marijke

raggygirlvintage said...

Such fun looking at everything on your post! I like the highchair as is, old and chippy! The rosette is very pretty...
Tracey

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

Everything looks so pretty! The chair is chippy perfect as is!!
Beth

Brown Bee Studio said...

Hi Barbara Jean, thanks for visiting me and your sweet comment! Your rosette is lovely as well, and don't DARE paint that sweet high chair. :) xoxo Andy

Terri Smith said...

Hi Barbara Jean!

Loved this post..especially that old high-chair!

Hugs of Summer Sunshine,
Terri

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

I love your white rosette. I'm going to have to learn how to make these pretty roses...some day...

Your all white display is beautiful. So many goodies, and everything is so pretty. Wish I could see it all in person.
Patricia :o)

Anonymous said...

BJ, gorgeous rose and I love it on the handbag. Looks like you have lots of goodies for the tea!
Hugs,
Diane

Heaven's Walk said...

Hi Barbara Jean! Just popped in from White Wednesday. Love your white chair --- but don't paint it! It looks absolutely perfect the way it is. Chippy and worn by loving hands... :)

Have a great day!

xoxo laurie@heavens-walk