Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Vintage Thrifty Finds

Thrifty Thursday


vintage thingies thursday

vintage thingies thursday


Some Vintage and Thrifty Finds


LOVE THIS STOVE!!
Got it at a local thrift shop.
Paid too much for me($25)
(definitely not my thrifty find that day!) =0)
But, I loved it and just wanted it for the store.



A baggy of goodies: .25

I just love little baggies of things and then seeing what is in them.

This one was from a friend.
And look what was inside.
Lots of good lace,
a doily,
vintage collar pieces,
and vintage crochet pillow case edge.



And here is another beautiful crochet vintage collar.


And see this lace?
It is 9 yards (yes i said 9 YARDS!)
of 3 1/2" lace.

It came from this:
A comforter a friend was taking to the Goodwill.
(never hurts to ask about things they are donating).


That is my Vintage Thingies Thursday
and my Thrifty Thursday.

Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
We have much to be thankful for.

blessings

barbara jean

14 comments:

Maureen said...

Ohhhh....I have a soft spot for trims and doilies.

I won't ask about the stove - you love what you love and you pay accordingly.

Pat @ My Tattered Elegance said...

Your lace is sooo pretty. I look for lace & buttons at the garage sales. I look at all the clothes for sale to see if any has good lace and buttons on them. Lots of time you can get beautiful lace on an after five dress that has been ripped or has some stains. Then just rip the lace off.
Hope you have a wonderful day.
Hugs, Pat

Vonlipi said...

That stove is amazing! And it is worth the money you paid for (it would've been better cheaper but...). It's simply beautiful!

The Green Pea said...

You had a good shopping day. Love all of that lace.

Postcardy said...

That stove looks like a bargain.

Claudia said...

Love all your finds, Barb. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your loved ones.

xo
Claudia

Jocelyn said...

Wow I love your stove. I don't think you paid too much for it!! And the bag of laces are beautiful! Great finds.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Allison said...

I adore your vintage crochet finds. Only skilled crocheters could have made such beautiful pieces.

Unknown said...

What a pretty collection of lace. Happy Thanksgiving.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What wonderful finds. I hope you and all your family have a Blessed and Happy Thanksgiving. Hugs, Marty

Coloradolady said...

WOW...I think you got a bargain with that stove..it is great...love it!!! Happy Thanksgiving...and a happy vtt!

My Vintage Studio said...

Hi Barbara Jean. Love all the vintage lace! Hope you are having a wonderful Thanksgiving. Hugs, Sharon

Robin Ennis Willson said...

What treasures! That stove is well worth the money...bet it's worth much more. I know what you mean about baggies full of neat items....feels like a treasure trove.

Miri said...

Your bag of lace edges and collars just made my heart beat faster! Lovely!

Pretty stove (and that is hard to find!)