Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Great Finds

Sometimes it just takes digging around in your own garage to find some great 'stuff'.

This old copper pot has been out there for years. You know, one of those things that starts out in your house. You get tired of it so you put it on the patio. Then pretty soon, for whatever reason, it ends up on a shelf in the garage.
The other day when i was looking for my peat pots to make nest pins out of, I found it.
"Oh, How cool is this?" This would be perfect for one of my bird nest!"

AAAND, did you notice that piece of 'wood' in front of it? (hard to see it i know).
But that is a part of tree bark, that is whole, all the way around. It's a great piece, and not seen very often.

A bird nest would be great in it. Either laying down, or attached to a board and the little nest peeking out the top.
I'm thinking I will take a better pic so you can see it better, then let someone decide where they would want the nest in it, and I will make it up for them.
Puulease. Will someone please decide, so i don't have to! =0)
I love this old trowel too, and a nest might look cute laying on it, not too big so you can enjoy all that rust!
I have a few of these 'new' watering cans, which i will probably paint 'aqua' or 'robins egg green', maybe add patina, and put a nest on, (of course! What else!)
Can you tell I'm on a bird nest frenzy? I'll do a few, then be on to something else. Just my creative nature i guess. =0)
Well, this is just a repeat pic as i could not figure out how to get rid of it.
(tried hi lite, delete. right click, delete. just doesn't not want to leave i guess)

Hope you all have a wonderful day.
Next post will be more great finds; from under my bed!!!!

Blessings,

Barbara Jean

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Great treasures from your garage, wish I had stuff like that in mine :) Can't wait to see what you do with them.

The Charm House said...

These are really great finds and I can't wait to see what you are going to create with them!! I love the birds nest!
Yvette

Petunia said...

YOu are very creative and clever!

Anonymous said...

What great grubby and rusted stuff, Barb! Perfect for your nests!!
Diane