Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Mini Eggs

Good morning all!!

Well, I have been having fun again!

Last night i made some mini eggs for my bird nest pins that are in the works.

Now anyone who has known me long, knows there is usually a story behind what i do.
so here is the mini egg story:

When i am in some emotional state, my way of surviving has always been to get busy with something, and it is usually some kind of crafting. And i don't do one or two of something, i do bunches!!!! (well, once you figure out how to do it, you can just mindlessly do them).

So, fifteen or so years ago, when our youngest little 'tweetie' left the nest and went out of town for college, I got busy with miniatures.
( have no clue why that particular thing, but that's what it was).
I started making dough art miniatures that were kitchen or sewing oriented. I even bought some little pieces of furniture to put them in. (surprised i didn't make those too). =0)

I started with sewing items and 'accessories': they included umbrellas, hats, embroidery hoops and embroidery thread, button cards, and tape measures, little bolts of fabric, and spools of thread. (these all ranged in size from 1/2" to 1". I said mini, and they were mini!!

Included in this list of 'treasures' were: apples, bread, squash, pumpkins...Well you get the idea. I made food. (better than eating real food i guess).

Then came the eggs. (well i had to have something to put in the mini wire egg baskets i had made. (about 1" square by 1/2" high).

Let's move to now. Would you believe i still have some of those things???!!!
I have given them to friends, sold them, and given some to my granddaughters (who were not even thought of when i made all this 'stuff'.) And there are still have some left!

All, that is, except the little 1/4" dough art eggs. Now I need some for my little bird nest pins, and , alas, they are gone.
Of course i couldn't settle for the 1/2" plastic eggs i have. Just one filled the nest and was as big as the bird's i have to go with the nests.

Soooo, back to the dough art recipe, and last night i made dough art mini eggs.
I even had my husband take pics so i can do a 'mini' tutorial on my 'mini' eggs!! =0))

And, coming soon to blog land, a 'how to make mini bird nest eggs' tutorial for all my friends.

I bet some of you can hardly wait!!!

Well, end of story and all survived my little 'tweetie' going off to college.

blessings to you this day and always,

Barbara Jean

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to know how you make your little eggs. I can't remember if I thanked you for visiting my blog and for you kind words regarding my husband. I'm lost without him, but I must continue on, one foot in front of the other. ♥

Stacy said...

That sounds really fun. :) (the tutorial i mean ;) )