Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Little Ceramic Birds

I am re posting this from last Spring for all you newbies. =)



Remember those cute little white ceramic bird dishes?
A whole 2" long max.

Well, I used some of these materials,

And came up with these.This beautiful blueish color,

And this, the same color but antiqued.

Instructions anyone??

Spray glossy ceramic surface with matte sealer. let dry.
sponge on color of your choice. (small item, small pours in sponge)
*(letting some of the white ceramic show through gives it more dimension.)
let dry, and spray with matte sealer again.
let dry and wipe on burnt umber paint
mixed with color float of any other acrylic paint extender.
gently wipe of top of brown,
leaving color in grooves. Let dry.
Spray with matte sealer again.

* If your ceramic is totally not a color you like,
you can sponge on two coats,
or spray paint it with a base color then follow above steps.
Always use the matte spray before and after you paint on glossy surfaces.
That is what keeps the paint on!

There you go, fast and easy!!

Blessings,
and thanks for coming by.

Free Signature Generator
I'm joining these special memes today:


Please go say Hi and take a look around.




Free Signature Generator

17 comments:

Donatella said...

TO CUTE I WANT ONE!!

Firecracker Kid said...

That's cool. I'm sure I can dig up some old ceramic pieces somewhere in my house. Thanks! Carol

Anonymous said...

How cute! Thanks for sharing that info.I have a little bird collection.Love anything with birds.

Lululiz said...

Thank you for the painting tips! Great colour choice for your bird.

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

How precious is that ! I want to try ~ oohhhh so many fun projects to do ~
xoxo
Lori

Sherrie said...

Thank you Thank you Thank you. In my painting I have been missing a step, the Matte Sealer. I am buying some today.

My Vintage Studio said...

Hi Barbara Jean.

Thank you for stopping my blog this week.

Hope you are doing well!

Hugs, Sharon

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

That is so cute! I love little birdies; real ones and ornamental!

Blessings,
Sandi

Unknown said...

Ka-----ute, thanks for playing! xojana

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Sooooo cute!

Warm blessings,
Spencer

j said...

That turned out well! Very charming.

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Thanks for linking up-- I learned something new, spraying the matte sealer on there first--very smart! Thanks!

Chatty Crone said...

Just wanted to stop by and say hello. Like your ceramic bird. Sandie

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

LOVE it! Thanks for linking up to Thrifty Thursday this week!
Hugs,
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Birds are showing up everywhere! Love it! Great color! I'm gonna have to find me some birds!
~Rebekah @ allthingzrelated~hosting a giveaway next Tuesday!

Kim said...

What a sweet blog, I'm so glad that I found you. I would love for you to stop by and enter my blogaversary giveaway Barbara Jean!
Kim

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it