Friday, February 12, 2010

Pink Decorating Dilemma, and Fun stuff!!


Some sweet pink Love.



Sewing pinks in a tray.



Pink flowers painted by a local artist
who passed away a couple of years ago.



I love Vintage jewelry and have a few pink pieces at the store.
See anything you like?
Let me know.
(most are under $5.00!)




Pin SOLD, thanks!

The set below is $15.00

Decorating Dilemma:

I did this about 4 years ago, when I was changing my
living room from wallpaper to teddies and quilts.


By the time I got it painted,
I decided I did not want that kind of "country" look.
I just hate to paint over it, but....??
Guess that is probably my only choice.
It is my entry and the door opens in front of it.
No room for a piece of furniture.
I do have a friend who hopes I'll cut the wall out so she can have it.
I don't think so.
Any bright ideas???


And while you are in a thinking mood,
anyone know what this paper is for?
It is vintage, and comes in about 5" wide strips.
Maybe 3' in package.
Of course I got it at a sale,
and the guy, when I asked what it was for,
said, " you can use it for anything you want. "
Duh!!
Hope someone knows what it is "supposed" to be for.
I'm curious.


Baby shoe pin cushion revised.
Like it much better with a softer pink ribbon.
Click HERE for the giveaway.
Ends Feb. 14th at midnight.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I met a new sweet blogger at Pink Saturday!

Her name is Debbie and her blog is Debbie Dabble.
(try saying that fast three times!!) =0)


She does wonderful creative treasures to share.
Please go on over and tell her I sent you. =0))


That is all for this week.
Have Funky Pink Weekend!!


Free Signature Generator









19 comments:

Marianne said...

Ok I went over to it three times until I realized that quilt was painted and not a real one! LOL
No advice here, I like it.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Barbara Jean,
Thanks so very much for showcasing my blog this week. How sweet of you!
Love the vintage jewelry! As to your question about the wall, here is a thought...Take the shelf down, frame out the painting on the wall with wood to make it look like a picture frame, then hang a beautiful picture or some other wall art in the center of the "frame" and this way the painting on the wall would like matting. It would still be there but minimized.
As for the paper, is it that paper raffia that was used in the 80's for crafting to make bows and all other sort of things? Happy Pink Valentine's Day and thank you again!
Debbie@debbie-dabble

Tami @ Creative girl Vintage said...

Happy Valentine's day, Barbara Jean!!! Enjoy your weekend..xo Tami

Lisa said...

Oh lovely post! I do like your jewelry! It is fun! I may have to see about some of it!!
Happy Valentine's Day!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Hugs, Lisa

Mary said...

Hi Barbara Jean!
Beautiful PinkS! Happy Valentine's Day!
XO Mary

Annesphamily said...

You are so clever! I love your giveaway, I love the post and I truly love stopping by! Happy weekend to you!

Unknown said...

G'morn, Barbara Jean ~ What beautiful pinks BUT I LOVE that baby shoe, how darling.

Happy Valentine's
Have a loving weekend.
Hugs, Marydon

Regina said...

Happy Pink Saturday and a Happy Valentine's Day Barb.
Sweet and creative post!

Beansieleigh said...

Oh, I LOVE all the little pink sewing goodies in the tray you have today! Happy Pink Saturday, and wishing you a very Happy Valentine's Day too! ((hugs)) ~tina

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Barbara Jean! I couldn't figure out what you were talking about till I realized the quilt was painted!!! I think it's NEAT! I hate for you to get rid of it. Tell you what... why don't you put a large painting over it. I think that would work, and then if you missed the quilt, you could go back to it! Can you take down the shelf to do that? Or is it painted, too??? You've got me confused here.

Happy Pink Saturday and Valentine's Day, too. Loved all of the goodies you showed us...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Beautiful pinkness you've shared today, Barbara Jean! And that baby shoe is really making my heart skip a beat!!

Happy PS!

Happy VALENTINE'S DAY!!

Big Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Wow Barbara Jean, you are so creative...and I love where the creativiity leads. You have a beautiful mind, beautiful crafts. I love those little birds nests you did on the tutorial. Love the quilt on the wall...wish there was some way you could paint some kind of transfer medium on it...press fabric onto it....have the painting stay on the fabric and voila your wall would be clear....then give the fabric to your loving friend! Oh well...eventually I have a feeling you will paint over it!
Blessings,
Debbie

Unknown said...

Happy Pink Valentine's Saturday, Barbara Jean!

The wall painting is very charming. I can see why you are having a difficult time to decide. If you don't want to paint over it and there is no room for furniture...how about hanging a picture or mirror in front of it untile you know for sure what you want to do.

Love you sweet pinks! Your vintage jewelry is lovely!

Your baby shoe pin cushion is too charming! I love the pink ribbon you added.

Have a lovely "pink" Valentine's weekend!

Cheers!
Tina

Betty said...

I'm thinking that paper might be for decorating the edge of a shelf. Enjoyed your post. Happy Pink Saturday!

Unknown said...

Hi Barbara,
Could that floral paper be what they used for shelving paper? It would actually hang over the front of the shelf.
Loved your pink stuff too!
Judy

Maggie said...

Ohhhhhh I love the jewels! Happy Pinks!

Anne Lorys said...

Hi Barbara Jean!
I can't help you on the paper, but I can tell you that I think your painted quilt is just gorgeous!
Maybe you could install a real rod on that shelf and hang something over it?

Happy Valentine's Day!
Anne

♥Mimi♥ said...

So sorry that I missed you yesterday. It seemed like the day just ran away from me! But, with this being ♥Valentine's Day♥ what better time for me to stop by to see your Pink Saturday goodies.

It's been a long and dark winter up here near Canada so filling myself up with pink is my way on the weekend of chasing away the blues - not that blue isn't a nice color, too☺

I ♥ coming here. All the pink and all the girlie stuff just floods my brain and makes me want to do a happy dance right where I sit!

Thanks so much for sharing. After all, isn't sharing one of life's greatest pleasures?

♫Happy Valentine's Day♫

Anonymous said...

I love your stuff, BJ...jewelry, threads, bias tape, etc. I wonder if that darling paper isn't for trimming shelves or cupboards. That's what I'd use it for.