Monday, February 1, 2010

Three or More Second Time Arounds



Three or more old clocks...
and a funny story.
I am taking inventory at the shop,
so every item needs to be counted and numbered.
While tagging these clocks i was seeing which ones worked, and which did not.
Got done tagging them and went off to another room.
Soon I heard this strange noise.
What on earth is that?
Followed the sound, and found
one of the clock alarms going off like crazy!
Guess it worked!! =))


Three or more second time around tea bags,
made into roses.
Tutorial HERE

Vintage Baby Shoe Tutorial HERE

And I showed you this piece a couple of days ago.

Look at it now.

Can you see the difference?


It had an accident, but I love it!
After I finish my projects,
I always give them a coat of Matt spray.
This makes the color a little more vivid, and protects it a bit.
I do this spraying on the edge of the covered patio.
Only if you forget it over night, and it rains much, it gets wet.
And it did!
And for some reason the old music paper turned the loveliest green.
It matched the bird and eggs perfectly!
Now I think this will really be a one of a kind piece, cause I'm not sure I
want to risk 'trying' this method again. =0)

Thanks for coming by
Please be sure to go see all the others who have posted
at these lovely blogs.
And many thanks to our wonderful hostesses.

Blessings on your Tuesday.


Three or More Tuesday


ASPTL

Photobucket

Oh I almost forgot!
A few days ago I posted that when I reached 300 followers
and 700 posts I would have a giveaway here!
Well, I've reached the 300 followers, but have a few more posts to go.
So , lets see if we can get another 15 followers before I hit my 700th post,
and I will have two prizes for the drawing!!
On your mark, get set, go!!!


Free Signature Generator

Free Signature Generator

22 comments:

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Very cute. Love those old clocks.

SharDon Exclusives said...

Hello, sweet lady, your posts are always so uplifting. I am going to go see those tutorials and I thank you ahead of time for giving them to us. I already was a follower but it did not show my name so I follow you again...blessings,
Sharon

Carolyn Ford said...

Love the clocks all lined up in a row! It seems I have more clocks than needed in my house, but, can't part with them.

Rose ~Victorian Rose ~ said...

It will be no time at all and you will be there to your goal.

I don't know, I think I would give that "accidental method" a try again...with that same music sheet paper...loks perfect.


Rose
http://delightfulclutter.blogspot.com/

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Great items! Love those little teabag roses. I tried making them with coffee filters but somehow I just don't seem to have the knack for flower making. :( Hope you are having a great day! Tammy

Diane said...

I love the way the sheet music looks! (I love the whole piece) Try doing it again, and see if it works, and then show us!!

blushing rose said...

G'morn Barbara Jean ~ What a lovely creation ... & blended colors go well.

Congrats on your posts & followers!

Pop over for our giveaway ..........

Happy Valentine's ~
TTFN ~ Marydon

Betty said...

That's amazing how the sheet music turned in the rain. I don't blame you...I wouldn't want to risk doing that again! Very nice post.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love your tutorials. They are always so well done. Great projects and who would have thought the rain would make something even better. Hugs, Marty

Vivianapachecofineart said...

It was meant to happen that way then, the paper looks lovely and the whole project is wonderful!

Dragonlady said...

Hi Barb, I am with you, the sheet music looks great after being left outside...I bet it will be hard to duplicate that again....lol..
While we are waiting for your giveaway, I decided to blog about it and try to send people to see how loving and creative you are and follow you too...
go check it out...
hugs and love
Brenda

Old Time Cindy said...

Here I thought you may have touched up the photo with photoshop to change the color. Sometimes our accidents can be a good thing.
Cindy at Lakewood

Six in One Hand said...

I love it!!!!!

I stumbled upon your blog by way of my sister Six Divided by Two.

I love your blog soooo much that I am now a follower.
Glad to see that someone else loves old clocks as much as me!!!

★Carol★ said...

I love the "rain effect" on that piece! I would tell you to let it rain on all of your projects, but that wouldn't be a good idea, would it?!
Have a great day!
Carol

Linda @ A La Carte said...

My partner collects those old clocks and the ticking can sometimes drive me crazy! LOL....

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

You know I am already a follower! I would follow TWICE if I could!!

I need two or three small nests. Do you happen to have any in your shop?? Just let me know!

Hugs!

Lou Cinda

The Charm of Home said...

Really love you sheet music picture. I love bird's nest.

Julie said...

How funny about the alarm. I love your vintage clocks. And what a nifty surprise to see what happened to the paper... It reminds me of the Inventors books my kids would read for homeschooling and how so many inventions happened by accident!
Thanks for sharing. :-)

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Nice accident! But, it would be tricky and hard to recreate, guess it just wanted to look that way.

I love old clocks and makes no difference if they work or not.

Your blog is so great.

Sissie

Lisa said...

Barb,
Don't you love happy accidents? That's how my best art happpens. I am now a follower, can't believe I wasn't alreay. Lisa

my home sanctuary said...

Oh I loved the framed work. The clocks were cool. Sounds like me with leaving it out in the rain. Glad it turned out ok.
Have a Blessed Wednesday,
Sherry

Lululiz said...

What a happy accident!