Thursday, March 17, 2011

Coronet Magazine UPDATE


Sweetness......
and more sweetness.
Coronet magazine.
New to me.
Picked them up at a sale,
1957/58.
A variety of subjects inside.
I thought a child's magazine, but
some of the articles are not for children at all.

But loved the covers,
and insides are all perfectly aged paper!

Can anyone tell me more about them?
Did you see them when you were a kid?
Looked online and found this about them.

Each issue had a wide variety of articles and features, as well as a condensed book section. Poetry was featured, along with gift advice and star stories. The sister company Coronet Films was promoted in most issues as well. Articles on culture and the arts were mixed with adventure stories and social advice.

I was going to sell them for $1.00 each,
and found they are selling anywhere from $3-6,
so maybe I will raise prices to $1.50 each.

Blessings
barbara jean
PS Had a new little creative piece, but decided it
would be perfect for White Wednesday next week.
Stay tuned.

6 comments:

Sonya Badgley said...

I love these magazine covers! I've seen Coronet before but don't know anything about them.
Have a great weekend,
Sonya

Tete said...

That's one I haven't seen. Have you googled it?
Love the covers.
Tete

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Those are so cute...love the one that looks like Gidget!

Shopgirl said...

I think these are adorable, but I don't know anything about them.
thank you for sharing them. Hugs, mary

Ruth said...

I'm 71 years old - I was graduated from high school in 1957. My father subscribed to Coronet during my school years. With radio - no television - magazines were our only other entertainment. I'd read Coronet from cover to cover. It was there I first read Joyce Kilmer's poem, "I think that I shall never see, a poem lovely as a tree..." Thank you for bringing this to mind. I'm a chronic collector, but have never found old issues of Coronet. Lucky you!

Barbara Jean said...

Ruth,
Thanks for telling me about your Coronet magazines growing up.
And too funny, but "Trees" is my Mom's favorite poem. I even made her a piece of art with that on it for her ibrthday in January.
Blessings
barbara jean

PS if you would like, I will mail you a couple. Just email me your address. (if in USA) thanks