Thursday, March 10, 2011

Taxes and Transitions/ TIN UPDATE


If you have noticed a slow down in posts here,
and not much creating going on, it is because
I am working on taxes, and transforming a new room at the store.
I have managed to find time to shop, but forget to take pics.
Here are a few finds I remembered to take pics of.

Little box of keys.
(these were mega messy when I got them,
but sure cleaned up well thanks to my sweet granddaughter)

LOVE this!! No clue what it is. Do You Know?
It is about 5x9" and very thin.
To those who said a stencil, it has a thin cardboard back on it.
Should have taken pic of it also.
Someone must surely know what it is. =)

Don't you love the little flower design?

Another door handle with back plate.
Cannot seem to stay away from these.


Love the patina.

An old scale hook thingy.

And I hit the jackpot on rusty treasures last week.
This is the top of one of the...

tins I found. Can't get the lids off, but aren't they cool??
(if ya' love rust that is.) =)

Blessings on your day.
barbara jean

PS Pictures to come of our room transition.

10 comments:

Cindy Adkins said...

Wow, such treasures and it looks like you're getting alot done, Barb!!!
XO

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

You've found some great rusty treasures!!!

Rebecca Nelson said...

Oh no! The T word!

My hubby does my TAXES (choke....) and it's a good thing. They'd never get done otherwise and I'd be in jail.

Love the rust tins! YUMMO!

xoRebecca

Unknown said...

Great rust and I love the flower thingie! I would love to tramp around to find treasures with you!!!

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Could the tin thing be a stencil? Or are those screw holes I see in the middle? Whatever it is, I love it. You did find some cool things.

Tara said...

i just did my taxes yesterday. well,really i took the paper work in and the accountant did them.:) still a pain.

Carol (honeywine) said...

I think the thin metak you asked about with the pattern is possibly a wall stencil.... just a thought - people used them intead of expensive wallpaper

Cheers Carol
From Australia

Charmingdesigns said...

Its been awhile since I have been over to visit you. Your treasures are wonderful. Isn't it fun to find things that you have NO idea what they did. Have fun doing taxes. (not)

shannon i olson said...

fantastic finds. Nothing in the way here of creativity except....no creativity. I need spring! winter blues have me sittin in my pj's drinkin' coffee and that is about it. ;)

Anonymous said...

BJ, you find the NEATEST things! Dang it, I've said this before...wish I lived near you!
Hugs, Diane