Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Garden & Rustic Treasures




Love old garden stuff.
old faucet knobs....
beautiful patina...
garden benches...
and chairs with flowers.
an old painted bunny from years ago.

shabby bench and rusty pump.
(pump is from another post, and found out it
was used on a kitchen sink. That is why the unusual shape.
Just love it!!)
click to enlarge.

and these unusual things.
Someone said they are the top to a chain link fence.
Is that right?
They would make a cute doodad to hold napkins
down at your next picnic.

And love these old spindles.
I wondered what would happen if I painted them white now,
while they are wet.
Seems like it would end up peeling and be a
perfect shabby look.
What do you think? Ever painted anything wet?

8 comments:

Becs said...

Barbara Jean (my eldest sister's name) Thanks for sharing your garden pics...love the spindles, I have several old ones too. THey are so much fun to look at and create with. God BLess, Becs

Home and Heart said...

Great stuff!

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

Very cool rustic garden stuff Barbara Jean! love those 'doodads' :)

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Barbara Jean,
Love all your garden and rustic treasures! I have a thing for rusty old hose nozzles and faucet knobs! LOL!

hugs
Sissie

Vicki said...

I love the idea of painting them wet. Seems to me you would get a washed out look. Love your rusty garden photos.

Unknown said...

Great grouping...you are constantly on the move...busy girl!

Old Time Cindy said...

I love rustic treasures for the garden. Great pieces!

Cindy

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Love all the garden stuff! I'm a sucker for all that, too. Interesting idea about painting the spindles while they are wet. Let us know if you try it.