Monday, May 25, 2009

This is a Three or More
and
2nd Time Around
Tuesday
combined post.

Three or More Tuesday

It's 3 or more Tuesday at
gypsy corner
Go on over and check out the other treasures listed.



Here are my 3 or more:

I have 4 of these old lamps,
plus a box full of parts
in my garage.


Someone came by the store the other day
and gave me a great idea for one of them.



So although none of them are done right now,
I will give you something to look forward to.



I think i will work on this one first,
and maybe even keep it for myself.



It's
2nd Time Around Tuesday.

Go on over and see Diane's beautiful flowers,
and the others who are posting their great finds..
Thanks Diane. You do such a great job!!


No long stories today, but
here are just a few of my latest finds:



An old pinkish bird cage.
($2.75!!!)

leave it?
paint it white?
It is for the store.




ledgers (only $1.00 each!!!)
(I got 3 altogether, and a dictionary)
I'm smilin'.



And these adorable 'bronzed' baby shoe book ends.
cheap, cheap, cheap! under $1.00 cheap!

OK, give me some input about these.
They were just spray painted to look bronzed,
and as you can see the paint is coming off.

Leave them alone??
Re 'bronze' them with paint?
spray them ivory and antique them???

That's all for now, but will post more finds soon,
and some hand-crafts I've been working on.

Blessings,
Barbara Jean

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Barbara Jean,
I love your finds. There is some great spray paint that I've used from Lowes that is called bronze something...I think the bookends would look great sprayed with that.

As far as the birdcage...it would look good most any color! I love it!

Thanks for linking to 2nd Time Around.
:) Diane

KayC. said...

I am interested to see what you do with the lamps, so I will keep checking back to your blog. You found some other great finds too. I think that if the baby shoe bookends were mine, I would most likely paint them a creamy white.

Unknown said...

what a lot of antique finds-- cool!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! GREAT finds, Barb!!! Are you going to do a painting on the pot? That's a really cool one!
Diane

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hello sweet friend...

I just read your note that you left on my frenchy studio/office...my friend, you just made my day!!! That was just the sweetest note full of nice compliments...I'm blushing! Hehe! I really appreciate it!!! So happy that you stopped by for a visit!

Oooh...I always love coming to your place...you have the coolest stuff, my friend! I just love all of your old light fixtures...I looked at the first one and thought that it would make a grand pots & pan rack! I can't wait to see what you do with all of them!!! Love that cute litte coffee pot too...it's darling, isn't it? Okay...for the bronzed baby shoe bookends...I love them just as they are! If it were me, I'd leave them as is...their patina just makes them more charming!!! Loved seeing all of your goodies, my friend...don't be a stranger and come by anytime!!!

Have a terrific Tuesday...and thanks again for making my day with your sweet note!!!
Chari

Lisa said...

WOW! You've found loads of treasures! I'd leave the bird cage pink! I just love it!
Hugs, Lisa

Allidink said...

Cute cute cute! I say leave it pink but I love pink and pink makes me go a little cuckoo LOL. I would paint the baby shoes white. I think they would be totally cute in a nursery holding up baby books and white would be perfect!

All the best,
Allison

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

You found some wonderful things! I think I would spray the shoe/bookends bronze.

Unknown said...

You find the coolest things , Barb! ( and I really love the prices!
Hmm . looking forward to the hanging light idea!
Cheers , Helen

Missy Wertz said...

You are going to have fun with the chandi/lamps. Great finds on all the rest.

The Feathered Nest said...

LOVE that bird cage Barb!!! YES! I say paint it....you go girl...and I'm so glad that you won sweetie ~ you deserve it! xxoo, Dawn

Lori E said...

Baby shoes should be dark and bronzed. Antiqued if necessary.
Bird cage white unless you have pink room to put it in. What on earth that last "lamp" was in it's previous life I don't have a clue. Very interesting.