Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Paper Crafting Wednesday.

This is Paper Crafting Wednesday over at Kelli's House.
Go check it out, and be sure to thank Kelli for hosting. =0))

Paper Crafting Wed.

This week she is showing how to make new cards out of old cards, fast and easy!

My project this week, well, I was desperate to be included, and i did not have time to finish it, so my project is a 2 week project, or later this week if i get it finished early. =0)

So here goes:

This is more for a small gift or sign but easily adapted for a card.
Just make it easy on yourself. =0)

These are the supplies you will need.

5x7" mat
printed or stamped words
music sheet
brown paper
matte medium
stencil brush
ink pad
scissors and glue







step 1:
Glue music paper to mat board. I used the matte medium, but you can just glue it too.
Dry brush edge with black or brown ink around edges,
and scruff some brown ink on areas to make it look old.
2.Add a brown sheet of paper to background (I glued it to a piece of cardboard first,
then glued that to the back of the Matt board)
Again scruff some brown on to get that old look.
(hmmm. Wonder if that is what made me look 'aged'? =0)
3. Cut out word you want on it. Dry brush around edge.
( I dry brush practically everything with either ink or acrylic paint).
Now you are ready for finishing touches.
Get out the lace, buttons, ribbon and any trim you like. and get ready for next time.

To Be Continued!!!!

Blessings,
Barbara Jean

12 comments:

Clare said...

Very creative look forward to seeing the next part.

Unknown said...

I love this idea.
Teresa

Leaon Mary said...

I love it!!
Go girl! Gosh you are alot of fun!
You crafty, crazy, wonderful you!

SINGING,
Lea

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

What a great idea! I'm not super crafty but I think this is easy enough for me to attempt :0)
Thanks!

Robin said...

Beautiful piece Barbara Jean! Thanks for sharing how you created it!

Jane said...

Thanks for sharing. Will be looking forward to finished product.

Lisa said...

Really neat!!!
Hugs, Lisa

Unknown said...

Looks gorgeous so far!!
Aww.. not fair gotta wait!
I also just love that distress ink!

Allidink said...

How pretty! What a sweet idea, I really like it!

All the best,
Allison

The Old Parsonage said...

Ohh I love all things vintage or vintage inspired.

Can't wait to see the final project.

Enjoy your day!
Leann

Katie said...

How fun, can't wait to see the end result. I have a bunch of those mats in larger sizes from some frames that I didn't want to use them on. What a fun way to reuse them. I'm curious to show us how you hang them if they are signs or were you thinking to display them on an easel? I think making holes, adding eyelets, and then wire with maybe some beads would look pretty.

Kelli said...

It's gorgeous! I love the sheet music!
~Kelli