Thursday, May 7, 2009

Show and Tell Friday - new store pics

Kelli-show and tell Friday It's Show and Tell Friday.
Go on over to Kelli's House to see the rest of the great posts.
ThanksKelli, for being such a great hostess.


Here is the latest bird nest to show up at our place.
It is in a big, old fashioned candle holder.
What is a bid nest doing in there?
Well, you know those birds will build a nest just about anywhere.

And here is our mantle, partly done.


And a close up of it.
See the nest tucked into the ivy?
What about the one on the branch poking up out of that brass container?
Here is a vintage purse.
And beautiful vintage tea set.

Hmm, guess i should have saved those for next week's vintage Thursday. =0)

Blessings and have a wonderful weekend.

barbara jean

16 comments:

Unknown said...

What beautiful items. Love the mantle.

Thanks for sharing :)

Allidink said...

I love all your vintage things! Thank you for posting the idea about putting a birds nest in the lantern! I have a lantern and I could just not figure out what to put in it! Yay!

All the best,
Allison

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Barbara Jean,
Don't you just love where the birds pick to build their nests? What a perfect viewing spot though!
All your items are so pretty I can't pick my favorite!
~Ann

Hootin Anni said...

...nothing less than enchanting and charm!!!

My Show N Tell this week, is laser crystal art. Come on over if you can find time. Happy Friday.

The Old Parsonage said...

I love the vintage purse and tea set! And your mantle looks so cozy.

Thanks for sharing and Happy Mother's day!
Leann

Anonymous said...

Barb, I like the mantle. Was it like that while I was there yesterday or had you put that together after I left? I sure do like your nest in the lantern, looks great!! Sheri from the store.

Robin said...

Beautiful pics! Thanks for sharing!!

Take Care - Robin

SmilingSally said...

That vintage purse looks like one I'd carry now. Thank you for sharing.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love the mantel, all the items are so lovely. You have so many treasures and you showcase them so beautifully. Hugs, Marty

Anonymous said...

Barb, love what you've done with the mantle. The closeup picture looks like it could be a still life painting!

Julie said...

I love how you have all the treasures displayed. It's all just
sooooo beautiful!
Have a Blessed Friday..julie

The Feathered Nest said...

Beautiful Barb!!!! I love EACH AND EVERY thing....can I come visit?? xxoo, Dawn

ClassyChassy said...

Love your pictures! So cozy looking!

LBP said...

Your mantle is just gorgeous. I have to admit that I am "mantle challenged". I can never get mine looking like I want.

Blessings

Linda

Nancy said...

I am drawn to your mantle creativity! Such a tough thing for me to do. Love it.

Cheryl said...

Lovely vinettes you've made!