Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Thursday Treasures

It is
Thrift Store Thursday over at
Homebody Holly's


Thrift Store Thursday

and
Vintage Thingie Thursday
over at Colorado Lady's Blog.

vintage thursday



Thanks for hosting and doing such a great job ladies!!!

These are my Thrift Store Finds to share for today.
(I actually have a car load, but no pics of those yet!)


I bought a bunch of these coffee pics at a thrift store,
then framed them.
Total cost each- $1.50 framed.
There were 5 of them!!
Frames are all a bit different but
the black pulls them together.



This is a good old tin lantern from a garage sale.
There is a place in the bottom for 4 votives.
(that is way to ordinary!).
Sooo, I put a bird nest in it! (of course!) =0)

My friend Sheri got it for Mother's Day.
A surprise from her husband.
There's a man who knows what his wife likes!!


This is just a little frame i picked up.
I added the music background, "Lord's Prayer" title,
And the cute little girl.
They all seemed so perfect for each other.


And this is a Sandra Kuch plate from 1993.
It is a limited edition.
I just love her work!!



These are my Vintage Thingie Thursday Treasures.
This is a 1978 music box.
It is a nurse and the song is "you light up my life".
She's in perfect condition.



And this oldie but goodie, is the second oil painting i ever did.
(you don't even want to see the first!!)
This was done in 1978, and was a gift to my husband.
I guess you know, that even though it goes with
absolutely nothing in our home, it stays here.
(Think he'd notice if i just sort of slipped it under
the bed with all the other old paintings??) =0)


Those are my treasures for today.

Blessings and Happy Thrifting!!

Barbara Jean

14 comments:

Marie Reed said...

Wow! Do you still paint Barbara! I think that the detail is fabulous. I can barely draw or paint a stick figure:)

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

happy VTT gosh.. you found such wonderful bargain.. love all the items..

Terry said...

Are you kidding?? That painting is beautiful! Don't you dare slip it under the bed!!

Love your thrift store finds too!
:0)

A Thrifty Mrs said...

My fave is your lantern. It is lovely.
x

SueLovesCherries said...

Boy, you're creative! What a great idea with those coffee pics. I love the Lord's Prayer one best! Oh, and the nest lantern - gorgeous!

What's wrong with the oil painting? Artists are always too self-critical! LOL!

Bea said...

I'm impressed with your painting. Don't you dare hide it under the bed!

Wonderful frame around the Lord's Prayer. It is perfect!

Unknown said...

Lucky girl to have a husband who knows what she likes. He did a great job. That one was my favorite pic. Stop by and see my table setting, if you like what you see, be sure to subscribe to my blog by clicking on "Follow" in the right hand column. This way we can inspire one another frequently! Be sure to stay a while when you're there and enjoy the experience!

Maison Douce said...

Love all youe treasures! Great post!
Isabel

Allidink said...

Yay birds nest! I think I will do that with my lantern that survived the earthquake lol. Thanks! Cute Cute! Can't wait to see more pics.

All the best,
Allison

Holly said...

Love the lantern, and holy cow! that's your second painting? You are very talented!
Thanks for joining TST!

Unknown said...

I love the lantern , methinks you had better keep painting !!!

Miri said...

Lovely treasures...thanks for sharing!

LV said...

Thrift stores and garage sales are great places to pick up neat things.

Coloradolady said...

Oh my goodness....you are very talented. That painting is wonderfully done. You have some great things displayed for VTT. Sorry my comment is so late, blogger drove me nuts yesterday. Have a great weekend.