Tuesday, May 12, 2009

2nd Time Around Tuesday

Go check out the other treasures at Diane's, "a Picture is Worth a Thousand Words."
Thanks for doing such a great job hosting each week, Diane!!






This is a 'new' tea pot i just got while out treasure hunting Saturday.
Of course it is stained, and the lid is missing, but i just loved the shape of it.
And for 50 cents, who could resist?




I always check the bottom for numbers and name,
(although i have no clue what i am looking at, I just see others doing that).
So this is what's on the bottom.

Semi-Porcelain,
Johnson Brothers
England
(I've seen Johnson Brothers on other things, so it must be pretty common).
It also has a number - RN131486 (or 36).
Someone told me lately that if it has a number it is more valuable than things without.)


And here it is with some of our lilacs in it.
Valuable or not, it has value to me, just as a beautiful treasure for my home.
(until it goes to the store of course!) =0))



Blessings on your Tuesday,
Barbara Jean

8 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Such a great treasure, and so beautiful with the flowers. I love the shape and the size, just perfect. Hugs, Marty

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Barbera Jean, what an awesome treasure you found......
Johnson Brothers, from 1886...originally a British tableware manufacturer and exporter, was noted for its early introduction of "semi-porcelain" tableware. Some of its designs, "Dawn", "Old Britain Castles" and "Historic America", achieved widespread popularity and are still collected today. Since 1968 it has operated as a part of the Wedgwood Group.
I love the way you have it displayed with the lilic, it just pops.

ClassyChassy said...

That looks so great with the lilacs!!! Beautiful!

Tami said...

This is gorgeous love it and what a great price it was!!

Have a great day!
Hugs~T

Lynn said...

What a great find. I was just reading Molly's post here. I'm like you. Don't know what to look for on the bottom, but if it speaks to me, I get it!

Anonymous said...

No lid? Doesn't matter, does it Barb! With flowers in it, no one will ever know! ;-)
Diane

Carolyne said...

What a precious find!
I agree with you......the shape is a keeper, perfect for flowers.
(((Hugs))) Carolyne

Unknown said...

Hi Barbara Jean,
Love that teapot and the price! It looks fabulous with the flowers displayed in it.
thanks for linking to 2nd Time Around!