Saturday, May 9, 2009

Sunday Shopping Secrets - New Treasures




Today is Sunday. Go visit Blossom at Bridal Blooms 4U for more fun finds and shopping tips.

Thanks Blossom for doing such a terrific job hosting this new event. =0)

Here are some of my weekend finds:




A beautiful cherub urn, which will probably be beautiful antiqued creams when finished.


Keys, Keys, and more Keys!
What a great find, all these keys for only $4.00.
Most are rusty, just the way i like them!!





Here are the first of my clocks. Some purchased by me, and one given to me by a friend.
Nice to have friends who know what you like. =0-)
The glass 'domes' are for covering, what evers. (Probably nests) =0))
And the lovely cream pitcher, will stay cream. =0)


Here is another deep frame to be used for bird nests, maybe another light blue one. They seem to be hot right now.
Laying behind the silver tray is a roll of music wallpaper!!! A whole roll for a dollar!!!
Silver tray, letters, and candle holder? Who knows what they will become.

OK, my tips for the day:

Keys: was thrilled with this find. Have been looking but did not want to pay a dollar or two for each key. I started to just get two of the rings of keys, then went back and picked up the others.
Tip 1: If you find something you are looking for at a good price, buy them all!!!!

Tip 2: If you like the shape, size, color, or whatever, buy it!! If you like it you'll find a use for it.

Tip 3: Always be a cheerful shopper when you are out buying. No one wants to do business with a grump!!!

Blessings on your weekend, and Happy Mother's Day to all you Mom's out there.

Barbara Jean

8 comments:

SILVER said...

Has been such a pleasure being here..

Wishing you a most blessed Day to you, Barbara.

Smiles,

Silver
from One Day at a Time

Lisa said...

I'm so a buy it and find a use for it later girl! Thanks for the tips!

Happy Mother's Day!
Hugs, Lisa

"Blossom" said...

Oh my! What great finds you found.
Love the urn and I think it would look wonderful creme. Clocks, my husbands uncle is a clock collector. The picture frame is awesome too. Thank you for participating in our SSS.
blossom

Anonymous said...

Barb, what great treasures! Sometimes keys are as much as $4 or more EACH!

I liked all of your tips too. Hmmm...you're making me wonder if I should ask hubby if he wants to go to the flea market this afternoon...

:-)) I think so!

Have a wonderful day!!
Diane

Kammy said...

Good tips Barbara Jean...I know from doing sales in the past that
a cheerful shopper will get the best service and also the best tips -like coupons, where the clearance is.....from the salesperson ! You really hauled in
some deals this week !
Hugs ~ Kammy

ClassyChassy said...

Great finds - so very interesting! Have an awesome day!

SweetAnnee said...

I love your cherub planter..
just the way it is.. great finds

Deena

Allidink said...

I love all your pretties! Thanks for the shopping tips I follow number 1 pretty faithfully but then the problem is I spend all my money haha. Hope you had a nice Mother's Day.

All the best,
Allison