Sunday, June 27, 2010

Makin' Shelves, the easy way, and a question




This is an upside down hose hanger.
Add a board, and you have....
a shelf.
Sometimes you just have to think out of the box.
(click to see it better)

And here is a wall sconce.
Use two of them...
add a board.....

another shelf!!
How quick and simple is that?

nothing on it yet. ran out of time.
Here is my fave find for this weekend.


I bought a cute vintage doll bed, and this sweet little guy.
The doll was separate.
(like you could not tell. no pink beds for my little guy).

His clothes were hand made by the little girl who owned the doll,
when she was 8.
So fun to talk to her and her Mom.
Sad, I thought, to be selling him, and her other dolls,
but they had to size down to move.
She has kept it all in wonderful condition.
(he even has little brown socks.
I'll need to find shoes for him.)


Look at the detail on his little hand
(he lost the pinky on his other hand. I did not ask how.)

And don't you just love that sweet face?

He is my first boy doll.
And here is his new home at the shop.
Don't expect he'll last long.

Joining these great hostesses today.
Hope you will go check them out.

blessings

barbara jean

OH. My question.
How would you make a pair of new
white metal shelf brackets look old?

thanks



12 comments:

Unknown said...

Barb, your little boy doll is adorable. What a sweet face! And love your shelves. You are the most clever woman!

Unknown said...

G'eve Barbara Jean ~ I adore that boy doll ... he is just the most precious find ever.

In a million years I'd never have thought to use the brackets, hose apparatus, etc., as shelving ... great idea.

Have a lovely safe 4th ~
TTFN ~ Marydon

Unknown said...

Greatshelf ideas! I wanta shop with you! Great finds as usual.

Sherrie said...

My goodness so many wonderful out of the box ideas! I love your little boy dool and bet you are right and he is gone very soon.

Sylvia said...

I love the doll. I think he is the twin to my girl doll. Seriously. She is the only doll who survived my tomboy childhood. He is awesome. How old do you think he is?

Lululiz said...

Darn, you have the best ideas, those shelves are great!

KimMalk said...

What great ideas to hang shelves, and pretty, too. What a precious doll you found.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

What a great little doll! I rarely see boy dolls. Love the bracket and sconce idea ~ never would have thought of that!

Robyn said...

This sounds crazy but I have my grandma's dolls and they are SCAREY looking...so much so that I have them stored in a rubbermaid box...

Suzy said...

Cute little guy! He reminds me of a doll that belonged to my sister..a big doll. She was a girl though.

Melissa said...

Those shelves are brilliant...it is always a good idea to think outside of the box!!

Sherrie said...

I love the boy doll. He is so sweet. Thanks for sharing.