Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Outdoor Fun, and Fix It


Look at these mushrooms!

I saw them while out on my walk.

Dozens of them.


And can you believe how big they are?
(that is my size 7 shoe beside this one,
and it is bigger than that!)
This one must have been a foot across.

Doe you have big mushrooms here you live??
Garden Tip:
Waste not, want not.
Broke corner off this cute jar, so...

I put it in the garden and made a planter out of it.

My Egret (or blue Heron) is back.
Been gone all winter.
There has been construction around his pond.
Hope he stays.
I missed him.

Thanks for coming by.

blessings
barbara jean

Thanks to our hostesses today.
Please go visit.

image146

8 comments:

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

are the mushroom edible? I don't dare to harvest wild mushroom. My grandma's village almost all got drunk for 3 days when they ate wild mushroom. My grandma didnot eat them, and she is weary and tells us not to eat them.

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Barbara Jean ~ that mushroom is huge ~ I have never seen one that big !
I love how you took the broken jar and put it in your garden ~ that is so cute !

Unknown said...

OMGosh i don't think I have ever seen a mushroom that big.
Love your idea on the broken jar, it looks so pretty in the garden.

Melissa

Love Bears All Things said...

I have some dishes with chips out on the rim and am thinking of putting them in the garden...Yours looks great...We sometimes have these saucer shaped mushrooms but none that big.
Mama Bear

Denise Marie said...

way to keep it and enjoy it. I'm willing to make a fruit or floral bouqet too if I can cover the chip.

eileeninmd said...

Great post and photos, I'v enever seen mushrooms that big. The broken jar in your garden is a cute idea.

mary pernula said...

Hello and TGIF..............I just took some photo's of some big mushrooms................I drove past my daughters old bus stop and had to get out of my car to see if in fact I was seeing these giant shrooms....................I used my cell phone to take the photo cause I new my hubby may not of believed me and here you have a post on them...............funny how things work. Have a nice weekend. XO MARY

HoosierHomemade said...

I love that little planter, and those mushrooms, Wow! they're huge!
I'd love for you to add this to my Weekend Warrior linky party on It's A Blog Party (my other blog) where everyday I host a different linky party! Sundays are for gardening!
http://itsablogparty.com
Thanks for sharing!
~Liz