Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Red and White Treasures





A white book.
Love it when you get a treasure then find out it is worth something.
(more to come on it)


Here is some old, creamy, whiteness for you.
An old, old cook book.
I got this in a baggy of 'stuff' at an estate sale.


A handwritten note
tells about the book and where it came from.
And there were several aged recipes, and notes.
In another baggie there were these wonderful old crochet instructions.
They are so fragile I will put them under glass in a collage,
so they are not ruined.
This beautiful crocheted piece was also in the bag.



Could not find a date on any of them,
but on the back of one was a picture of Kaiser William
at the front with his troops.
Circa WW 1

A repeat picture.
I just love this window in the new 'wall'.
I just put a baby dress hanging from it today.
Forgot to take a pic of that.


Not quite cream or white, but love it!
(Oh, a little red in the corner.
Does that count for Rednesday??)

Well, here is some red for sure!
How cute is this?
It is a Mickey corn popper from the 70's.
A little worse for wear, but it works! So fun!

The little balls bounce around,
and Mickey moves and the cart moves.
So cool.
A red kitchen gadget.
French Fry cutter??

What have I been workin' on?
New display at the store.

Sea Shore.


If you click on the picture, you will see
a little, cool, green wheelbarrow on the floor.
I put sand, a green bottle, and some shells in it.


Please join me at these
wonderful blogs for their special Wednesday treasures!


Photobucket



Whatcha Working On Wednesdays




19 comments:

Pat @ My Tattered Elegance said...

Love your display, and all those old books and papers. Soooo neat! Also love that spool of thread. I found a couple of pieces of crochet and some mother of pearl buttons today. Don't you just love to find the real old stuff?
Have a great Wednesday!
Hugs, Pat

The Smith Hotel said...

Love those books! Cute display-love the sand and shells in the wheelbarrow.

Jody

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Great finds! Love that little vintage ledger. I'm so glad you found someone's treasures and you'll treasure them.

Prior said...

I love your display and your ledger, with its touch of red. Lezlee

Unknown said...

Great stuff, I just love the cover on that first book, it is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Love the Mickey Mouse toy....as a child I would have wanted it! I loved things that had little things attached! :) All the lovely vintage papers and such are so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Barbara Jean, how do you EVER get anything done? You must constantly be on the go. You come across the most darling things and then you add your own personal touch to them to make the most wonderful gifts. Great post!

Amanda at 32˙North said...

Hi Barbara Jean,

The design on that first book cover is so intricate and beautiful!

Amanda

Unknown said...

What a treasure you found in that old cookbook, Barbara Jean!

Blessings!
Gail

nannykim said...

What a great post. Love all the old things! I love your display as well, but the pic didn't enlarge when I clicked it. It is strange how sometimes they do and sometimes they don't!

★Carol★ said...

Wonderful whites and reds today Barbara Jean! Especially all of the goodies that came out of that baggie. My favorite thing today is that Mickey Corn Popper! What a cute and colorful thing to have sitting around, and to be able to give it a little push and make those balls bounce around. So fun!
Happy REDnesday!
Carol

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Beautiful whites and reds! Such a lovely book cover and I got such a kick out of Mickey, so much fun!

Happy Rednesday,
Sally

KimMalk said...

Those old items are such treasures. I'm seriously wanting that little wheelbarrow.

Anonymous said...

More great finds.
I love the creative ways you decorate the store.

Cheryl ~ ZanyMayd said...

Perfect Post ~ Love the detail in the Old White Book & the Vintage Hand work & patterns, Beautiful.....

Rebecca said...

LOVE*LOVE*LOVE the cover of that first book. I really like that ledger too! Happy White Wednesday!

Back Porch Blessings,
Rebecca

Doro said...

I just adore the art nouveau cover of that first book. I love all I can get of that style, and early graphic design in general (William Morris, Frank Lloyd Wright, Alphonse Mucha, etc.)

Unknown said...

Isn't it fun to get a bunch of stuff and then find it filled with more finds. I purchased a box like that filled with sewing goodies from the turn of the century! and still good! I love the old cookbooks, especially when they have personal notes in em.
Your display looks great.

Anonymous said...

Dear Barbara Jean:

Your beautiful shop display was one of our most popular links at the Boardwalk Bragfest this past Wednesday, and it sure doesn't surprise me. It is beautiful. You are truly an artist as well as a master of display. You can see the feature here:

http://wwwbobbypinsboardwalk.blogspot.com/2010/06/featured-attractions-on-bobbypins.html

Feel free to grab a "featured" button, and I look forward to seeing you again at the upcoming Wednesday party.

(((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))

Jan