Monday, June 21, 2010

WooHoo! The Jackpot!!




Remember this box of jewelry from yesterday's post?
I sorted through it tonight.
Boy, did I hit the jackpot!

Besides the fun of just going through it all,
I found..
pearls

Trinkets....

jewels to craft with,
and some to re-bag for a garage sale in a couple of weeks.

And I found this.....



oops! sideways pic.

well, it is a compass.
and not just any compass.
It has U. S. on it.

My sweet fella thinks it's from WW 11.

So cool huh??

oh, not so cool.
Dropped something on this little piece at the store.
Can you see the big chip out of the front?
Too cute to throw away, so......

I put it in the flower bed with some Elysium in it.

Thanks for coming by.

I'm signing up or these fun places today.
Please go visit and tell our hostesses thanks.

blessings
barbara jean

PS I'll show you the next box of jewelry another day.
And wait til you see my redness tomorrow. =)

 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

All Thingz Related

12 comments:

Vicki Boster said...

LOVE the jewelry Barbara Jean - going through a box of jewelry treasures is such fun! You have some wonderful treasures there!

The little china piece looks adorable in your garden.

Vicki

Diana Ferguson said...

You did hit the jackpot!!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

FUN trinkets and treasures.
I see something that I may have to have...
it's the little SOLD sign!!
Hubby and I meet when we both sold real estate...so, if the price is right...
I'll email you!
Warmly,
Deb :)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Oh my goodness! That is so great you found such wonderful goodies! I knew that box looked like it held treasures. Can't wait to see the other box!

Unknown said...

SCORE!!!! Fabulous job! Lots of fun to be had there.

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

Good idea with the broken pot!! I'm slowly learning never to throw anything away!!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Always fun to go through a big box like that once you get home because you never know what you will find. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with it all. I don't know anyone who walks and makes a nest as they are out and about. You are always up to something creative. Best wishes, Tammy

Lululiz said...

You know, most people would have thrown the broken piece of china away, yet you made such brilliant use of it. It looks great in the garden. Those jewellery boxes were a fantastic find, they yielded fabulous treasures.

Sharon@Keeninspirations said...

Wow!! You did hit the jack pot!! I love your repurposing of the little plant pot! I found you over at All Things Related. I'd love to have you bring this and link up at my garden party!http://keeninspirations.blogspot.com
It starts tomorrow and goes through Friday. There will be lots of great projects to see and some great giveaways!!!
Hope you can make it!
Sharon

peggy aplSEEDS said...

i just love finding treasures like these! and what a good idea with the chipped china! i enjoyed my visit to your blog!

The Hillbilly Wife said...

Now I won't be able to pass up jewelry now either! And maybe even chipped pots...

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing @ Anything Related!