Tuesday, June 8, 2010

White Wicker: Be Still My Heart!




ooooh. Dreamy white wicker.
Dreamy Vintage White Wicker!!
Four pieces for the store.
Wonderful, but crowded. Will
probably have to advertise it so we we'll have room for tea.
Enjoying it while it is there though. =)

No, I'm not going into the used car business!!!!!
But check out that wrought iron bracket.
$5.00!!! Can you believe it??
We have been working on the new sign for the store,
and if we can make it work out,
it will be hanging from that bracket.


This is what I am working on.
A new red display piece.
Oh so fun to fill with goodies!!


See that old green lantern box?
(that was waaay before the color was even 'in'.) =)

And how about that old wringer from a washer?
(I ran my arm up to my elbow when I was little.)

And this display, with little bits of redness too.


Here are some outdoor pics for you.

May not look like anything special,
but....

these two areas where tall with weeds, and 'stuff'.
My sweet fella cleaned it all up,
and hand spaded it for flowers!
What a guy!!


See this dead twig??
(It is hanging above ground cover)
It is PERFECT for.....
a nest!! Of course!!

Will be adding parts of it to several of my pieces.


And here is another little outdoorsy item.


a heart made or pine needles.
This is an oldie but goodie.
Made it about 15 years ago.
Can you believe still have a few of these around?
Amazing what you find when you sort and clean. =)



I'm joining these wonderful sites today.
Please go visit and thank our
wonderful hostesses for the fine job they do.



image146



Whatcha Working On Wednesdays



21 comments:

The Little Red Shop said...

It looks like you are working on some great projects!

Happy Wednesday!

: )

Julie M.

Maggie said...

The white wicker bench & table are adorable, I have just the place for them, care to ship to France?
Only joking!
Happy OW.
~Maggie~

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Barbara Jean,
Your wicker pieces are so lovely. They won't last long. Wicker is very hot right now and whenever we have wicker in the shop it goes out the door!

hugs,
Sissie

Angela said...

I am SO loving that red display piece also Barbara Jean.oh my!~! Loved all the pics you have shared with us.

Vicki Boster said...

Oh Barbara - I loved this post - seeing all of your shop ideas and bits and pieces of your decorating ideas! I would so love to visit your shop- I just know I could spend the whole afternoon perusing~~~

vicki

SueLovesCherries said...

The display shelf is perfect - you've got a great arrangement there!

Wow, your Fella was awful sweet to dig that all up for you - I'm sure it will be beautiful with lush plantings!

P.S. - if you don't want that used cars sign, let me know. I'd love to give it to Mister to hang in his barn!

Amanda at 32˙North said...

Hi Barbara Jean,

Your pine needle heart is charming - a good design will hold up for years, I think, as does your heart.

The wicker is terrific - always a favorite around here. When it gets dusty inside, we just take it outside and hose it down.

Amanda

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Wow! So much fun stuff. I love those pine needle hearts! Happy day to you. :) Tammy

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love that wicker furniture! Awesome displays and that bracket is wonderful!!

annies home said...

love the white wicker furniture

Lady Pamela said...

I love white wicker, too. Unfortunatly, it is a bit of a drive for me to come to your shop. How sad is that. lol
**Peace**

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Your wicker is gorgeous! And I love your red what-not display piece, so much fun.

Happy Rednesday,
Sally

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash said...

Nice work on the wicker pieces. Your shop looks like it would be fun to visit.
Have a great day!
Debbie

★Carol★ said...

I love that red display piece, and everything on it! I cringed when you said that you had run your arm through a wringer. I remember helping my Grandma do the wash with her wringer washer. It was fun, with just a hint of danger!
Happy REDnesday!
Carol

CACHANILLA73 said...

Love wicker. It perfect for cozy blankets and fluffy pillows in what else? RED!!

Anonymous said...

So many goodies. I think I like the used car sign too! The wrought iron bracket, of course, would be perfect for your sign. I love the white wicker and the red display unit! You are busy, busy, busy! Everything looks so inviting and charming.

Unknown said...

I too ran my arm up to the elbow in a wringer washer at my very first house when I was newly married at 19. I felt very lucky at the time. lol
Love the wicker, always wanted a set but will summer ever come, that is the question! Ha!

Faded Charm said...

You know that I also love wicker. It is the perfect vintage addition to any room or porch.

Hope you are doing well.

Kathleen

Prior said...

The wicker is fab and I love the little bit of redness...and the new display is wonderful, really.
Lezlee

raggygirlvintage said...

Love all your goodies, that is a lovely deep red, and the wicker of course, how can you go wrong with white wicker! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!
Tracey

Ms. Bake-it said...

Love the wocker set! That would look fabulous on the patio outside my bedroom! Love your displays.

~ Tracy