Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A bit of red, white, green and penny pinchin' for you.

Tea time at the church.
I could not go, but Scott watched the store for me
so I could leave for a bit and hand out door prizes to the ladies.

Sooo fun!!



Here is a bit of creative white for you.

I showed you this fabric yesterday.
It is the ruffle off a white eyelet bed skirt.

Hated to toss it so.....

made an apron for one of my granddaughters out of part of it.


Here is another fast and frugal idea for you thrifty girls.
Need a fancy apron to impress your friends??

How about just putting some ribbon through the casing of a curtain.


Ruffle it up, tie a bow, and wah lah!
instant apron!

You could also use things like gingham, chicken prints,
or any other cute curtain you come across.
Want a small child's apron?
Use a valance.


I used a bit of this lace and some cheesecloth....

glued to a 3" circle manila folder

back side..


then swirled some satin ribbon around and hot glued it....



added some lace and more ribbons, and a button center
and made this.

I'll put a pin on the back and add it to a hat, or bag.


OK. Those are my penny pinchin', some reds,
and some cute whites and sweet creams.

White Wednesday

 http://www.thethriftyhome.com

Rednesday


Outdoor Wednesday





oops! I forgot my outdoor Wednesday.
I'll be right back!

OK. I'm back.




How about some summer shots of our little patio.
oops. First, this is my sweet fella.....


who did this fountain for us.


Here is our sweet granddaughter Isabel, next
to the fountain Grandpa put in.




The rock patio my brother made for me years ago.
He actually went out to the woods and gathered all the flagstone to make it.
(It is only 10x10', but was a lot of hard work,
and a labor of love.
Then we have added the flowers, path and all over time.


Thanks for coming by.


Free Signature Generator

23 comments:

sherri@lavenderfields said...

Cute aprons! Nice to see things recycled into something useful! Hope you have a Happy New Year! Sherri : )

eileeninmd said...

It is a wonderful fountain. I love to hear the sound of water. Happy New Years.

My name is Riet said...

Your craftwork is beautiful. I love it.
Happy New Year

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Wonderful post ! I love the curtain apron, what a great idea!I liked everything ,the fountain is beautiful .
Happy Rednesday !
~Myrna

★Carol★ said...

Well aren't you creative! That's pretty ingenious, using a curtain for an apron, but it makes perfect sense! Love that silky flower that you made too!
I wish you happiness and prosperity in 2010!
Happy REDnesday,
Carol

Janean said...

your aprons are too wonderful! you are one clever woman....you've got the creative eye. merry Christmas!

Shellbelle said...

I love everything about this post, but the curtain apron is genius. I'm moving in the Spring and I'm not sure if my curtains (that I love) will fit the windows of my new place. Now I know what to do if they don't, thanks!

Micah said...

I love the rose idea...my grandma gave me a bunch of doilies and material...but I have not known what I could do to make it into something for display...Thanks for the inspiration:)

SueLovesCherries said...

Wow, that's a lot of posting on a Wednesday - I enjoyed the stroll down the "Meme" lane! Great apron ideas, and I love your fountain!

cherry said...

love the aprons .. My 2010 be filled with beauty and blessings for you and yours. hugs, Cherry

Kim, USA said...

Very fancy apron. I think next year I am going to start doing some sewing (crossing my fingers) Happy New Year!!


Homemade Salsa and Tomato sauce

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

Hi Jean, I absolutely love the apron idea and I want one of those flowers. You can create things so easily. I love seeing what you do. I'll be back. Happy New Year.

cindy@stitches

Light and Voices said...

Happy New Year from our house to your house. You certainly are a talented woman. Lovely blog.
Joyce M

The Old Parsonage said...

Hey Barbara Jean

Great thrifty ideas! Hope that you had a wonderful Christmas!

Wishing you a wonderful New Year!
Leann

Nicole @ the style hatch said...

What wonderful thrifty ideas!! Thanks for sharing!

Nicole

www.sobeautifullyinspired.blogspot.com

Sharon said...

Oh these are so creative and beautiful! Love the aprons!

Cass @ That Old House said...

What great ideas, that won't break the piggy bank. Love them!
Thanks....
Cass

Anonymous said...

I've been looking all over for this!

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Barbara Jean said...

Anonymous,

Thanks so much for your kind words.

I am learning as i go and having so much fun with it all.

Hope you will continue to return.

blessings in 2010

Barbara jean

PS Do I know you?
You could sign your name. =)))

Jen said...

Love the bedskirt turned apron.

Quilt Works said...

What a beautiful rock patio - I always wished to have something like that. And the young lady is very cute!

You have a nice heart to hand out prizes - it is wonderful!



...I am berried!

Betty Jo said...

How gorgeous are the curtain aprons! You are sooooo creative. ♥