Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Thrifty and Vintage Thursday


This is neither a thrifty or vintage find,
but I had to show you what I got for
our anniversary yesterday.
A peach colored rose,
See's Chocolate covered caramels, Yuuuum!
and a G. C. for a European facial!!!
(I got him new T-shirts!) =0))



Scott got the best Thrifty find this week.
He went to the G.W. with me,
and found this like brand new
NIV Study Bible.
Retail Price on back was $44.95!

G.W. Sticker price $3.99!

Oh, he wanted me to make sure you saw all the tabs on it!
Guess what he is doing right now. =0)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here are a couple of goodies i found:

3 vintage framed flower prints.
All shabby and ready to go in the store.




And this.....


really cool......

car box!
(or would that be a box car?)


Isn't it great?
I cannot figure out for sure if it is old,
or what it is made out of.
It is heavy, and almost seems like glass.
Whether it is old or new,
or whatever it is made of,
I just thought it was soooo cool.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm hookin' up with these great blogs.

Go check out all the other fun treasures others have posted.

Thrifty Thursday


go here for some cute ornament ideas


Thanks for hosting ladies.

blessings

barbara jean

14 comments:

Maureen said...

Happy Anniversary! Love your flowers prints!

Merry Christmas!

CC said...

Your rose and GC is wonderful. You will so enjoy that. Love that study Bible and your shabby rose pictures. That was quite a wonderful find. Happy VTT..have a lovely day.

Roslyn said...

The Bible is a great buy, the framed flower prints are lovely but I like the car the best!

Roslyn said...

Very sweet these prim little nativity sets.

Rebecca Nelson said...

I will absolutely go OFF my Weight Watcher Diet to eat ANY kind of See's Candy there is.

I love it. I'm jealous you have it and I don't. :(

Happy Day sweet friend. Love the rose.

xoRebecca

Keetha Broyles said...

Ooooo I'm LOVIN' that box car!

Old Time Cindy said...

It's sure more fun to discover thrifty finds together. Thanks for sharing and Happy Holidays!
Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

LV said...

Enjoyed seeing your variety of treasure today. They are all very nice.

Ally's Corner said...

That is a great buy on the bible, wow!!!!!

★Carol★ said...

Looks like you had a great anniversary, Barbara Jean! I love those flower prints and I don't know how you could possibly part with them!
Merry Christmas and Happy VTT!
Carol

Coloradolady said...

Happy Anniversary...how exciting...loved all your goodies, loved the pic of your husband and the book...too cute! Have a great VTT!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary!!! OMG...love the shabby rose pics. Thank you for sharing all your goodies. Please visit and see my creation but don't leave without seeing the Grand Prize Give-A-Way: http://tesorofino.blogspot.com/2009/12/grand-prize-give-way-february-1st-2010.html

Kim, USA said...

Wow that is a great find...the bible, the little jeep and all...gotta go to GW to find great item too ^_^

My VTT-Guitar

Snooze said...

What a great day ... thanks for showing all the goodies and especially the car. That's my favourite too.