Thursday, December 31, 2009

Finished Bird Nests in 2009







Because I have been sick for awhile,
and because I have already posted some of my newly finished things on other posts,
I decided to show you some of my favorite treasures I have done this year.

Bird Nests

I make my own,
and I love to put them on or in unusual things.

Like spoons.....

or two....




or like 1 1/2" pins.....

or frames with old music....


Another framed piece, in sweet Spring colors....


A flower nest out of handmade lace paper,
sitting on a vintage glove....

How about an old rusty and patina piece,
or a little tin scoop.


*or old light fixtures....

jewelry boxes...




and tiny silver plates painted black.


So these are a few I have done.
Some still available at the store.
(click on bird nests on the store side bar)

and there is a

Bird Nest Tutorial

Bird Nest Tutorial


Finished for Friday

Lit and Laundry

Funky Junk Saturdays

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

Get R Done Friday

Get R Done Friday


This is the last Get R Done at Expressly Corgi.
I want to thank Monica for hosting this fun event,
and getting us going on our projects.
Please be sure to go over and thank her,
and visit Finished for Friday at Lit and Laundry.

Thank you ladies for hosting.

Happy 2010 to all my friends.
May you be blessed with good health, peace, and hope in the new year.


Free Signature Generator

Oh Oh!!

I almost forgot!

Come back tomorrow night for a surprise!!
You'll be glad you did! =0))



Free Signature Generator

22 comments:

Regina said...

Happy New Year!
All the best!Cheers.

Pink Princess said...

Happy New Year to you and yours!!

I am still SO happy with the sweet pink birdsnest and vintage glove I won in one of your give aways! And I also got a lot of compliments lol. Tell them it was not made by me though but a winning from a dear blogging friend ♥♥


Hugs from Marian

Old Time Cindy said...

I love birds and nests...I'm starting to tuck them everywhere. Yours are so adorable! Happy New Year to you and your family!
Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

ClassyChassy said...

Thanks for joining in GET R DONE FRIDAY this week and in all the past weeks - it's been fun to see your projects! I love the birds nest in the scoop - always my favorite!!!

Darla said...

I Love, Love these bird nests!!

The Charm House said...

Love, love, love all of your birdnest! Have an awesome 2010!
Hugs,
Yvette

The Vintage Vignette said...

Hi Barb! I don't know how I missed some of these bird nests you made this year as I read your blog faithfully but the one on the spoon is beautifully genius! I can't wait for it to warm up outside so I can scrounge around for some pine leaves and make one for myself!!! :)

Jill i Fyra Rum och Kök said...

So adorable!

I wish you a Happy New Year!

Funky Junk Interiors said...

I LOVE this post! There is something so endearing about nests. And you do them so well!

Ohhh.. I LOVE surprises. :)

Donna
http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Happy New Year!!
Sorry to hear that you were sick for so long :(
Love all your birdie creations :)
Nice photo of you all and love the gloves.
I'm thinking about Valentines too!
Take care.
Deb :)

blushing rose said...

Happy New Year, Barbara Jean ~

What beautiful creations ... I so love that spoon creation & the bird nests. You are one of the most amazing artists in blogville.

I have so enjoyed you & look forward to 2010 enjoying both you & your creations.

Hugs, TTFN ~ Marydon

Threeundertwo said...

I absolutely love these! Especially the ones in the spoons. Thank you for joining in on Finished for Friday. Happy New year!

Angela said...

Hey Barbara Jean!

I do love your bird nests! My kitchen is done in birds. I have birds everywhere in there! I have a real birds nest right outside my window in a rose bush. Wonder if I can bring it in the house? It sure is cute!

Get R Done Friday!
Happy New Year!
Angela

Debbie @ The Shabby Bungalow said...

Wow I love your bird nests - they are so beautiful.

Wishing you a very happy 2010

dee dee said...

What lovely birdnests! Each is unique and magnificnet!
Happy New Year...
Dee Dee

Chatty Crone said...

I love the birds nest - my favorite is the one in the blue frame. Awesome. You are one talented lady.

Sandie

ocmist said...

These are just some of the most adorable things I've seen!!! I love eggs, and have painted on quite a few, and I've also woven baskets from different things, but making these sweet little bird's nest is just a wonderful idea! I will have to check out your tutorials! Linda

Pearl Maple said...

Your bird nest creations are simply beautiful. Can I ask where you find the egg forms? Our local craft stores are kind of limited and always on a look out for new finds.

snowman hill said...

I love all of your bird nest creations, they are wonderful. I was just thinking about spring and nests, and now I am really inspired.

Happy New Year!

dana

concretenprimroses said...

How lovely and charming!
I particularly like the ones in the frames with music.
Kathy

Lisa said...

These are so cute! Bird's nests are such a sweet surprise- my parents found one in their Christmas tree this year after it was up. They put a little cardinal in it and it was quickly the conversation piece of the season.

:0)

Charity said...

As always I love your stuff, My fovorite is the blue frame with the sheet music. You are so talented.