Monday, December 7, 2009

Blog Help


Christmas Stockings I made


Good morning friends.

I need help with something.

I have noticed that on other people's blogs, and now on my own,
when i click to see some photos larger, a box comes up to open file in photosmart.
when i click on it, another box comes up that says "invalid menu handle".
So, there is no opening of the file unless you save it then open it.

I have not done anything on my blog to change how it has always been,
and i find it disappointing on others blogs,
and now frustrating that it is doing it on mine also.

It does not do it on all pics, just some.
(I have put this pic on my post so you can click on it and see what i mean)

Anyone know what is going on, or more precisely, how to fix it??

thanks and blessings

barbara jean

added to post:

more info:

I put almost all my photos in HP photosmart.
How about you?

Any ideas on where to even begin to look?
Thought Rose, from Victorian Rose might be on to something
with the 'file extension' thing. (but not sure what that is) =0))

Let's keep working on this
thanks all

11 comments:

Rose ~Victorian Rose ~ said...

I have noticed that too...more and more...it may be the file extension that is doing it...like if it is not jpg or something, but NO SURE...I am really not techy.
And yes, it happened here again.

Hope someone comes up with the answer...I don't care for it either.

Rose

http://delightfulclutter.blogspot.com/

Lee said...

I have noticed this too... I am not fond of this either. Don't know what is going on...it is time consuming.
Lee

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Oh wish I could help you...I am soooo computer stupid..I am sure you will figure it out! Hope you are well,Chrissy

ClassyChassy said...

I have no idea!!! I thought if you used photoshop as an editor it might do that sometimes - but, it makes no sense to me. I have that program, so I don't get an invalid entry message.

Pat @ My Tattered Elegance said...

I don't know, when I opened it up it enlarged your pic. But I have noticed it on some others and I too wondered what has happened to make it start doing this. Love your stockins!! They are gorgeous.
Hugs, Pat

Karen Valentine said...

Hi Barbara Jean. I wish I had an answer for you, but I don't. I just wanted to come over over and say Thank you for leaving another sweet comment. I hope you get your photo issue fixed. If I learn anything I will be sure and let you know.

Karen
My Desert Cottage

~Tonja~ said...

Barbara Jean when I clicked on your
stockings image it brought up the box for me to download it...it didn't take me to another site or anything like that...
Sweet Blessings...
Tonja

Lynn said...

I have to tell you that EVERYthing I do on my computer is by accident.
Hope someone can shed some light on this!

Neabear said...

I see what you mean. I don't know why it is doing that. So far I don't get that on my blogs when I click on the pictures. I have my pictures stored on my computer in the My Pictures files. And that is where I upload them from to my blog. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Linnea

Caroline said...

I noticed a few days ago that it has been happening on my blog as well. Not sure why it is doing it. If you find out let me know!

Claudia said...

Boy, Barb, I have no idea! I haven't encountered this yet...but I don't often click to enlarge. I'll see what I can find out!

xo
Claudia