Sunday, December 13, 2009

Blue Stuff, and Thriftiy Made Cute


How about that for some Blue?
That is what the weather was like here for a few days.
mid teens and low 20's, freezin', but no rain.
(thank the Lord for that!)
Only 1 night of icy roads.



Here is a thrifty black metal suitcase I got for only $3.00!



Here is some blue, and thrifty.
I got his big box (4x16 x12")
of leftover matt board for $2.00!!
All different sizes, shapes and colors.....



And remember this spool of 100 yards black 'ribbon'?
Less than 9 cents a yard?



I used a tad bit of the ribbon, and the mat board to make this JOY.
Love how it turned out, and I'm
doing several other words and shapes along this line.
Any special words you'd like??


Here is another little something I got made up.
Each year I make an ornament for my grandchildren.

This is for the 5 year old.
She loves pink and glittery!
This is a mini cone (I mean mini- 4")
with a little silver nest in it, and a little pink bird on top.


Thinking maybe I will add her name down the front.
One down, and 4 to go.
I'm a bit behind this year. =0/


And here are a couple more flower nests I got done and sent off.



And those are my posts for this Monday.

Please visit he sites listed below to see more,
and thanks to all our wonderful hostesses!!

Make it Monday


Junkin' Monday



Junkin\
A link party to show your weekend finds!

Blue Monday

Blue Monday


Dare to DIY


Blessings

barbara jean

19 comments:

Chubskulit Rose said...

Love your collections.

My blue Monday

Barbara said...

Wow, Great finds, I love the flower. Have a great day.

Barbara

EJ said...

the flower nest are unique.

How is Baking Cookies for blue Monday?

Rose ~Victorian Rose ~ said...

Those matboards are called "drop outs"..from the center of a cut in a larger board...and they are great for projects.
Sure like your little flowers nests...they are DELIGHTFUL.

Merry Christmas,

Rose
http://delightfulclutter.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Barb, the matboard box - fantastic price!!!
Love the little cones!
Diane

Martha said...

Love the blue pipe -- in frigid weather, I'm blue! Great find and love the nests!

LV said...

You have created some of the cutest things. I love them all and they are so pretty. I am sure your loved ones will treasure these.

storyteller said...

What a creative thrifty person you are ... such wonderful things you've shared. That first blue photo looks very cold to this barefoot Southern California gal who's always grateful for rain ;-)
Hugs and blessings,
My Blue Monday

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Barbara Jean, I just love your finds and your craftiness! the birds nests are soooooo cute! Don't think I have seen those before. So glad I came by for a visit.

gengen said...

Nice finds and shots...Happy blue Monday.

Marice said...

great blue collections! :)

u may view mine here

ashley morgan said...

I absolutely love the flower nests! So beautiful.

SmilingSally said...

What a talent you are, Barbara Jean. I especially love the flower nests. Happy Blue Monday.

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Very pretty. Love the board with "Joy"

Thanks for joining in the Dare to DIY party. Hope you can stop by some folks to see what they came up with. Tons of great ideas.

Carol............. said...

Yup, you did good! Love the goodies...wish those matboard pieces were mine!!

joyh82 said...

Love your decorations you made, especially your JOY.
Happy Blue Monday!

cindy said...

Oh my, the cone ornament is so sweet! And the flower nests???? LOVE them!

You also got some great deals on some great finds...you're gonna be a busy crafter this winter :)

Thanks for linking to Mi4M!

Unknown said...

you found some mighty fine treasures. merry christmas to you too. Laurie

Shirley said...

That's some giant frozen pipe!! Love your finds and the cute things you did with some of them!!!