Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A little freezin, and teasin', and red and new, and a little tip for you.

Hey, Some red for you!!!


Here is a bit of freezin' outdoor fun!!

This is usually a moving fountain.
I mean, lots of water coming out of this big
pipe advertising a local company.

But the several days of below freezing weather we have had,
has frozen it solid!!

Here is a repeat of the white lace tree I made.
Go HERE for instructions.

Some creative white:

take a sweet little pedestal,(this one is about 6" across)
and certainly cute enough on it's own..... but
Add a big, cream plate.....and


pure elegance, for less than $4.00!

And wait till you see what we are putting on it!!!


Little white doll baby shoes.
(i showed them the other day, but so cute had to show you again.=0)

Cute and sparkly white crowns made by one of my vendors.

A little doll McD's was handing out in the 80's.
Her little arms and legs move, and her eyes even close!

And here is a tiny vintage doll in crocheted cradle.
The whole thin is only about 4" long.




Here's my braggin' this week!


This is a special order birds nest in cloche
(only about 4" tall!).

It is adorable here.......

But put it on a glass candle holder...

and oooooooH

amazing!


There is just something about putting things on a pedestal that
makes them more elegant.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A little more braggin'.

I have never thought of myself as able to do beautiful wrapping like others do,
but I'm here to tell you,
I'm pretty proud of how this turned out!

I put together a door prize basket for the ladies Christmas tea at our church.
(shhh. Don't tell. It is a surprise)



And I wrapped one of the gifts in old music....


wrapped black ribbon around it....


and added a lace bow, with a vintage earring on top.




And I put it, and other treasures in a basket with greenery....

and what do you think?

I think it turned out really well.

Thanks for letting me brag a bit Jan.

Lovin' it!!! =0))

I'm participating in the following:

White Wednesday

Boardwalk Bragfest Wednesday

Outdoor Wednesday

Rednesday

(I'm too late for the cloche party,
but she has some cute things posted that people sent in.
Go take a look.
Please go over and check out all the other treasures on these blogs.

Thanks to all you lovely hostesses!!!

We could not have all this fun without you!

Blessings


barbara jean

20 comments:

My Vintage Studio said...

Love all the handmade items...so pretty. Thank you for sharing your photos with us.

Barbara said...

Wow, Now this post is covering lots of bases..love the white lace tree and you did a great job wrapping and aranging that basket.

Have a great Wednesday.
Barbara

Hootin Anni said...

Mmmmmmmmmm, with that fountain photo, I shiver!! BRRRRR.

My Wednesday post is published. Do come by if you get a chance...it's all Gulf Waters today. Found HERE

Shellbelle said...

Oh I love that music sheet wrapping, very clever. Everything is just adorable and oh so sweet!

SmilingSally said...

How talented you are, Barbara Jean!

Anonymous said...

I am in total awe! All of your items are so amazing. I absolutely LOVE the little bird in a glass globe on a candle stick holder. It is absolutely darling with the little sign.

I also love the beautiful white raised platter. I am anxious to see what you put on it. Very clever.

Now the decorative basket you put together for the ladies with the lace bow and earring, the bird's nest with the paper bow -- I want to go to the tea just for the chance of winning!

Barbara Jean, you are full of such marvelous creativity and come up with some of the most unique items I've ever seen -- so romantic, charming, and fun.

Keep 'em comin! YOU ARE AMAZING!

★Carol★ said...

I love the lace tree that you made! How artistic and creative. And that cloche is one of the sweetest ones I've seen yet!
Happy REDnesday and Merry Christmas!
Carol

Dawn said...

LOL! You would think a pipe company could keep their fountain from freezing! All you little treasures today are wonderful. I especially liked the bird elevated on the candlestick, genius! I love the basket in the last photo too.
Warm hugs,
Dawn

Mary Bergfeld said...

This is a wonderful post, Barbara Jean. You really are a woman of many talents. Have a great Outdoor Wednesday and enjoy the holiday to come.

claudie said...

I've never heard of the boardwalk bragfest? that's a new one.
You covered nice days in one.
That fountain looks cool, and your handmade goodies all wrapped up are just lovely. You will have some very happy recipients.
Happy Everything today Barbara Jean.
Love Claudie
xoxox

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Barbara Jean, I dropped by for Outdoor Wed, and I can't believe that fountain!!! Talk about ice!!!

And loved seeing all your pretty white things as an extra bonus. Love the basket and the goodies within.

Happy Outdoor Wed!

XO,

Sheila :-)

JLS Hall (Joysweb) said...

Oh, I love that package wrapped in old music - I'll have to remember that. I like to use vintage gift wrap on my packages when I can get it, and the sheet music is a great idea, too! This was such a lovely post.

Faded Charm said...

Great whites today. I really like the gift wrapped in the sheet music. Thanks for playing along. Happy Holidays.

Kathleen

Anonymous said...

Everything you make is always so pretty and feminine, Barb!
Hugs! Diane

eileeninmd said...

Maybe they should have turn off the water on that fountain. What a capture!

You are talented, everything is beautiful.
Wonderful photos.

Cass @ That Old House said...

I love your creativity. You really have a wonderful knack of taking the ordinary and making it extraordinary. Lovely!
Cass

Mollye said...

Wow you've got some adorable and great whites for us. I adore the baby shoes and the tiny vintage dolly in crochet. You and your hubby are also such a cute couple. Hugs, Mollye

SueLovesCherries said...

Everything looks wonderful! I think I'll try one of those lace trees! My daughter had one of those Mme. Alexander dolls - but they're from the 90's (dd was born in '92). Yes, everything does look more regal on a pedestal - maybe I should stand on one! LOL!

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

I love all your beautiful items & the outdoor pics !
Merry christmas !
~Myrna

Kammy said...

I love your tips this week ! I love all the white, I always think white is so rich looking !
Kammy