Wednesday, December 30, 2009

OK GUYS, CLUE US IN


Christmas Gifts:

I know these blogs are usually read and written by women,
but guys, if you are listing in, please:


HELP!

Help us understand why you buy what you buy for us.

I have heard from women who have
received various gifts they did not understand, or want.

The woman who had a list of what she wanted,
even down to where to buy the items and what size,
and yet received something totally different for Christmas.
A TV Video game.

I have talked to others who have no clue why their guy got what they did.
And how do you ask?

You do not want to seem ungrateful.....

but you do not want to keep getting the same kind of things either.

I had a new duster on my list and
I was saving for a good sale on an expressions cutter.

This is what i got.

It is a GPS.


Here it is on the dash of our car.
And all lit up for night time viewing.


Now you need to know I am not a gadget person.
I do not like electronics. They are hard and time
consuming for me to learn to use,
and unless I use them constantly I soon forget what i learned.

My sweet fella says he got it so I could find garage sales,
and not get lost when I am out.
( thoughts of my Dad's Dementia come to mind).

So, knowing what he knows about me, and
knowing all I asked for was a new duster,
and was saving for a cutter,
was a $140 GPS a really a thoughtful gift?
Or was it a toy for him?
I really would like t o know.

Any men out there care to give us some insights about this?
Any women out there want to put in their 2 cents worth?
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now, to the funny side of it all.

We are driving around, quite familiar with where we are,
and how to get to where we are going,
and he turns on "Mary".
(that is what I named her.
After all, cannot have my sweet fella
talking with some woman in the car and she not have a name.)

So, he turns Mary on and starts pushing her buttons.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

(Little does he know that he is really pushing my buttons too!!!) =0/
ANNOYING!!!!

Then he starts telling me how wonderful she is.
Look how she can do this, and that.

I mean I tell you!!!

Do any of you women want to hear from her man
all the things another 'woman' can do??

Wouldn't' it be great if he told you how wonderful you are, and
how many great things you can do?

And he never goes anywhere we without her now.
Every time we go out, he puts Mary
in his pocket.
Before we can go anywhere he turns Mary on,
pushes her buttons, to find out
how to get somewhere we have been 100's of times before.

Before we get out, he puts her back in his pocket!

Do I sound jealous??

Oh, I just looked into the living room, he's playing with Mary again!
Wonder if she can cook?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am getting some pretty upset wives responding to my post.
Feel free to share your upsets, but remember,
this is a "G" rated blog. Thank you. ;0)

Maybe you can use this as a way of asking your guys
what they are doing.
(tell them about the other upset wives, not your own upset!!)


Free Signature Generator

Free Signature Generator

4 comments:

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

LOL! My son bought me a GPS too. I am not good at techy things either, so this may be more stress than comfort. I thing he is trying to make me dabble out of my comfort zone.
Smiles,
Pat

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Hahaha! Funny! Sorry.

I think they simply buy what they'd like to have. Sounds like your hubby needs that cutter imo. :)

Best I got! :D

Donna

Rose ~Victorian Rose ~ said...

Was not one paragraph into this and KNEW exactly why woman get these things...because THEY ( the MAN ) WANT THEM and can't really "justify" buying them for themselves.
And do have a CLUE as to what to get you...( even with a list ) but SURE KNOW what THEY WANT and like. SO there you are !

My son in law altho a really nice guy..is still a big KID at heart..and always bought his kids all the latest video games and electronic toys, etc. etc. ( even before they could POSSIBLY play them...BECAUSE
he was the one who really wanted it..and it was the excuse to buy it..NOT THE REAL REASON to buy it.

Rose

Rose ~Victorian Rose ~ said...

P.S. FOR INSTANCE...our son in law has a $45,000 ( fuly decked out) motorcyle.....sitting in the garage..which he rides about 4 times a year at the MOST..."because he wants to teach his sons ( who have NO interest in learing how )... to ride a motorcycle."

GET MY POINT here ?


Rose