Thursday, December 10, 2009

I Iove to Inspire!!!







I posted this:
to show what you could do with a bird cage for the holidays.

Easy to do: Just fill a bird cage with tinsely stuff,
balls, and strands of those 'cheap' beads.
Tie a ribbon around the top,
and wah lah!!

Easy and Beautiful decor.
( and not expensive since i bought most
of it on sale after Christmas last year,
and thrift stores are full of things that would work too.)
(you could even through in some lights!)

Here is what Laurie @ stone-belle did with her bird cage:
She started with this....



Then added the snowflakes.



Great job Laurie!!

Blessings to all

barbara jean


6 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Barbara Jean...
Sweetie I so love this. Your bird cage is absolutely beautiful. But honey one thing is missing. Where is your bird to go on top? I have seen some beautiful ones this year. I bought copper ones at Wal-Mart for $2.00. You have got to get a bird for your bird cage. It will be your crowning glory. I love it. Thank you for sharing. Your choices of each of the items added inside are just perfect.

Please stop by soon. I so love it when you do.

Country hugs sweetie...Sherry

Laurie said...

Thanks Barbara. I showed the initial birdhouse in yet another post: http://stone-belle.blogspot.com/2009/12/decorate.html
I might make better since if I'd posted all three pictures together instead of in 3 separately...
thanks again.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Love the birdcages!
Thanks for sharing.

ClassyChassy said...

The bird cage is a great idea - I have an old one that is brass - kind of a square shape with a brass pull-out tray. I used it for Bizzy Bird when he had his DEMON DROP accident as his recuperation cage - everything was low for him to reach. When he graduated to a larger cage, I packed up the antique one - should haul it out and use it!

Lisa said...

Love these!! Of to decorate!!
Hugs, Lisa

The Feathered Nest said...

I love this idea so much!!!! BOTH of the bird cages are so beautiful Barb, and I love the contrast of the gold against the black....just GORGEOUS!! I hope you're having a wonderful weekend ~ hugs and love, Dawn